Chapter 12: Edge Of Insanity

Song: Imagine Dragons - Monster

Wednesday

Delirious' POV

 I've been paranoid as fuck. Did someone really see Evan and I at Mae's party? Scott and Snake have been giving me and Evan these weird grins on their faces each time we would walk by them or something. It's been unsettling. It's like they know something that I don't. They also haven't been bothering me, which is weird. Ryan is also missing, he hasn't come to school in two days and normally he would come just to beat someone up, yet he's not here.

Two things I hate feeling kept coming back, it was driving me crazy. Both fear and insanity were driving me wild. I couldn't write with a pen without wanting to stab something with it, or someone. I instantly dropped my pen on my desk and got up, I was in History class but that didn't stop me from walking out.

"Mr. Denis, where are you going?" Mrs. Van, my History teacher, shouted, I stopped at the door that was in the back of the class and turned around. Everyone's eyes were on me, even Evan's. I sighed and took a deep breath, "I need to go to the bathroom, may I please go?" She gave me a worried face and nodded. Before I left I looked back at Evan, one last time before I went out the doors. He had the same sad worried expression on his face, I frowned at him under my mask and walked out the door, closing it behind me.

I walked to the boys bathroom that was the closest to my class. I looked around, seeing if anyone was coming and I checked every stall in the bathroom, before taking off my mask. I splashed cold water on my face and looked in the mirror.

'Oh look at you, so grown up.'

'Why are you here?'

'I belong here.'

'No, you don't. Leave.'

I shivered at my own voices. There was a reason why I was called Delirious.

- Flashback -

"Wow, you're laugh is insane man." A young boy commented on Jonathan has they walked out their elementary building. Jonathan smiled widely at the young boy, "Thanks, man. People don't really like my laugh." The young boy seemed a bit shock at that, "I don't see why people don't. It's really delirious." The young boy giggled towards the end, Jonathan threw an arm around the boy, "I think we could be friends. What's your name?" He asked, the boy just shrugged, "Names Luke, but people call me Cartoons, its a nickname, you?" Jonathan stopped in his tracks and looked at Cartoons, "My name is Jonathan, I never had a nickname before." Cartoons looked at him and thought for a moment and then got an idea, "Delirious! That's your nickname!" Jonathan smiled at that and giggled, "I love it! Its so insane." Cartoons smiled, "You're insane too." He said softly. Jonathan grinned evilly at him.

Oh, you have no idea.

- End of Flashback -

'Jonathan snap out of it! Stop thinking about the past!'

'Oh no, I think he should think of it more.'

"Please stop." I whispered to myself, looking down in the sink.

'How did it feel, Jonathan? Do you remember?'

"Stop."

'How'd it feel taking the li-'

'Shut up! He doesn't need this! He isn't insane anymore!'

'Oh, but he is. Come on, Jo-'

I cut his voice off. I had enough of this. "Just shut up! I'm not insane!" I shouted, looking in the mirror. I didn't realize I was crying the whole time.

 ▂▂▂▂ 🔪 ▂▂▂▂ 

Vanoss'POV

Jonathan still hasn't came back from the restroom, it's been twenty minutes. I was starting to get very worried. I raised my hand, "Mrs. Van?" I asked trying to calm myself down. She turned and looked at me, "Yes, Fong?" She asked raising an eyebrow. "Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked nicely as possible in the state I was in. "Yes, and go see if Mr. Denis is okay." I nodded and quickly got out of my seat and rushed over to the back door.  I ran to the nearest bathroom that I could find, no one was near it. I didn't even hear anything from inside, so I walked in. Oblivious.

My eyes widened as I saw him sitting on the ground, he was staring at the roof while his was mask off and on the ground. "De-Delirious?" I stuttered walking in, he slowly looked at me and smiled, evilly. My eyes widened and I took a step back, "That's my name." He winked at me. I narrowed my eyes at him and walked closer to him.  "Jon, whats wrong? Why are you on the floor?" I asked as I stood right in front of him. He took his mask and put it on him, he slowly got on his feet and stared at me, I noticed something different in him. His eyes were darker and he had this smug look on his face. This wasn't him. I backed up a bit and he slowly walked closer to me, "Delirious, stop." I barked, but he kept walking. He had this evil look in his eyes, I didn't like it. "Jonathan, stop. This isn't you." That seemed to get him to stop.

His face went back to normal, his eyes turned back to baby blue, with tears forming in them. I just scanned his body and he started falling to the ground. I immediately caught him and sinked to the floor with him in my arms. He rubbed his eyes and sighed. "Evan, I'm sorry." He said, sitting up looking at me. "Its.. okay.. Just what happened? What made you act like that?" He didn't say anything. He just stared at me with those beautiful sad eyes of his. "Jonathan?" I spoke softly. He looked at the ground and then back at me, "Delirious..."

"Well, well. Look who we have here." A voice said  behind me, I looked at Jonathan once more and his eyes widened. I instantly turned around, finding the whole late night crew. Jonathan and I both got up our asses and looked at them, I stood in front of Jonathan, being very protective. "How cute." Snake said, crossing his arms, smirking at me. I raised a brow at him and Scott started snickering. The rest of the crew on the other hand, looked at them like they were insane. Spoon gave a weird look at Snake, while Russ did the same with Scott.

"Evan, we should go back to class." Jonathan said behind me. I nodded slowly and took his wrist, pulling him out of the bathroom. "Have fun, love birds." Snake cooed. I rolled my eyes and kept walking until we were fully out of the bathroom.

I sighed and stopped, Jonathan stopped as well and looked at me. He looked normal as always, like nothing back there happened. Like he didn't get all creppy on me and the Late Night crew didn't walk in on us while we were so close. "Evan," Jonathan began, "I'm sorry." I tilted my head and he didn't say anything, he just looked at the ground and walked off back to class.

What was he sorry about?

  ✨✨✨  

Geee Evan, I dont know. Why dont you fucking ask him, dipshit.

But I don't think its important. <_<