Chapter 26: You Just Gotta Stay Strong

Delirious' POV

The bell rang, signaling everyone that school was over.

Today was...

How do I describe today?

I kept getting picked on by everyone, I even was pushed in the boys bathroom and almost beaten to death. Luckily Evan and the gang were there to protect me. Evan didn't want to leave my side, I guess it's a good thing we have all of our classes together. Evan even begged the teachers to let him sit by me, the only one who understood why he would beg for such a thing was Mr. Steph. So I guess you can say this was a bit scary for me because I didn't want my face nor mask to break.

Mr. Steph knows about the 'secret coming out'. I told him about it. I needed someone other than Evan to talk to about it. My Math teacher really understood that I needed Evan's protection. And that's why Mr. Steph is my favorite teacher, he understands.

"Jon, you ready?" I heard a voice snapping me out of my thoughts. I was still sitting in my seat in my last class, I looked up and saw Evan. He was holding out his hand out for me to grab, I didn't hesitate to grab it. He gave me a warm smile and got up out off of my seat and we started heading out of the class room.

The halls were a battle.

But I stayed strong. For Evan.

He would just talk to me with this smile on his face while people around us made fun of us.

How does he do it so easily? How can he just ignore everything around him and act like it's us in the whole world.

"What was your dad talking to you about this morning by the way? I kinda saw you talking to him about something when the bus pulled up." Evan asked, snapping me out of my thoughts once again.

"Oh... He wanted to know why I was always with you." I said as I saw our lockers in the distance.

"Did you tell him?" Evan asked, with a very curious voice.

I sighed and shook my head, "My dad isn't a homophobic or anything but I just don't want him knowing I found love. It would possibly bring up my mother and I cant..." I trailed off and looked at the ground.

Evan threw an arm around my neck and pulled me close to him, "It's fine. I don't expect you to tell him." He said. I smiled and nodded.

As soon as I reached my locker, I felt my pants start to vibrate. I pulled out my phone and noticed I got a text from Marcel.

BasicallyIDoWrk: Hey Bud! Evan won't pick up the damn phone but tell him that I won't be making it to his house tonight. My girlfriend wants me to do a Monday me and her day. She's been having a bad day and she's really upset at the fact that you two keep getting picked on. So, I'm going to try and make her feel better with a walk in the woods. Sorry, but maybe tomorrow night?

I giggled to myself and opened my locker up, putting my books away before replying.

H2ODelirious: Lol, Alright MarMar. I'll tell him. Have fun with your girl :)

Just seconds later I got a reply from Marcel.

BasicallyIDoWrk: Wow, I haven't heard that nickname in awhile. Alright, have fun with the gang and your idiot of a lover.

I smiled and closed my locker. "Who was that?" Evan asked closing his locker as well.

 "It was Marcel. He wont be making it tonight." I said getting ready to go to the bus. Evan smiled and nodded and held out his hand once again. I smiled underneath my mask and went to grab it.

I was careless at the time. I didn't know Marcel was in danger when he sent me that last message.

  ✨✨✨