Chapter Eight| Quit.

The constant vibration of my phone annoyed the hell out of me seeing that I was still sleeping, for one I knew that wasn't my alarm because it would wake me up every thirty seconds, and I didn't bother to check what it was or who it was.

Finally, it's stopped vibrating and ringing and I smiled getting back to my sleep, with a second the stupid phone rang again and I screamed into my pillow wanting to cry, all I wanted was just one more hour of sleep.

Without checking the caller ID I answered sleepily.

"Hello?"

"Ms Adams, in my office in an hour," the voice said and he sounded so awake, unlike me who was planning to go right back to sleep.

"Sorry?" I said wanting to make sure if I heard him right.

"My office, in an hour."

"But it's only four a.m JJ," I said into the phone, being blinded by the brightness as I checked the time, it's only four a.m.

"Yes, and you're left with fifty-eight minutes to get prepared and come to the office."

He hung up the phone right before I could tell him there was no way I was going to do that, but that was a lie because soon enough I had woken up Aurora asking her to help me with my morning routine a bit quicker today.

"Amelia, it's only quarter past four," she grumbled after I asked her to choose a work outfit for me and I whined.

"I know, but he said I should be at work in the next forty-five minutes, I'm so sorry," I said as I rushed showering, and doing my hair and putting on minimal make-up because I didn't have time.

"I'm starting to not like him," she said as she got underneath my sheets wrapping them tightly around her body, I got dressed in the two-piece suit she had laid out for me and quickly pressed my lips against her forehead.

"Me too, Ora, see you later!" I exclaimed as I rushed out of the house without even eating and taking one of dad's cars not wanting to bother the bodyguards.

To say I was speeding through the streets would be an understatement, but luckily whatever speeding ticket I would get, I would give to dad, it is his car.

With only less than five minutes to spare, I prayed that this elevator would go faster so that I could at least be on time today, just so that I wouldn't deal with a pissy Daniels.

As soon as the elevator arrived on our floor, which I failed to mention was ours for some odd reason, I ran to the office and burst through the doors.

"I'm here!" I exclaimed, putting my hands on my knees to find that I was alone in the office, where the hell was he. "Mr Daniels?" I called out for him in the office and went searching for him around our floor.

I pulled out my phone and I called him and he didn't pick up. Calling him non stop, he finally picked up and his voice sounded raspy like he was out of breath.

"Yes, Amelia?"

"Uh, where are you? I'm at the office and you're not here," I said putting my hands on my hips as I stared out his window watching the sunrise, beautiful.

"Oh, I'm still at home. I don't come to the office until ten a.m," he said as if it was something I was supposed to know.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh, I said I don't come to the office-"

"I heard that part but why the hell am I at the office if you don't come until five hours later!" I screamed into the phone and he was quiet before chuckling.