Chapter Forty-two|Leave

After getting myself together I got an Uber back to Jason's house, taking a deep breath in I opened the door to his house and found all the lights on meaning he was probably still home.

Dragging my feet upstairs to his room, I found his door open widely but I couldn't see him anywhere. Entering the room I saw the bags on his bed and I saw movement in the closet. 

Placing my handbag carefully on the dresser, I walked into the closet and found him pulling out a couple of suits.

"Jason," I called out and my voice came out hoarse. I don't know how but I was already shivering and I could feel my tears build up. He ignored me and I saw his jaw clench while he stopped and took a breath in. He didn't even look at me when he passed by me holding his suits in his hands. 

"Are you seriously going to believe Rick!" I yelled following him and he threw his suits down on the bed and turned around to glare at me before pushing past me out of his room. "Jason!" I was annoyed he was ignoring me.

He walked down the stairs and I noticed how his hair was unruly unlike how it was earlier on, he had folded his sleeves up and he was clenching his hands into fists. 

I leaned on the handrail and took off both my heels and threw one to him but I missed his head and it passed his ear. He turned around looking furious and I smiled.

"Are you crazy!" he yelled and I shrugged, showing him the only heel left in my hand.

"I want you to listen to me," I said and my voice came out unsteady.

"Do you have to throw your shoe by my head! You could've hurt me!"

"Stop shouting at me! How else was I going to get your attention since you're ignoring me and I'm acting as if I don't exist, and I wasn't going to hit your head, I know how to aim," I scoffed, folding my arms over my chest and we had a glaring contest. "Will you listen to me now?" 

"What is it you think you're going to say that will make me believe you?" he asked and I slowly descended the stairs to where he stood at the bottom of them with his hands tucked inside his pockets. 

"I don't know," I admitted once I stood in front of him. "But I do know that I'm telling the truth and you can see it too. You're just hurt that my father beat me to telling you what really happened and it's blinding you, that's why you're believing him over me, but you still want me to convince you that I'm being honest with you, will you listen to me?" 

"I have to leave, by the time I come back, you should be out of my house," he said coldly and I stared at him in shock feeling a fresh set of tears roll down my cheeks. 

"You don't mean that," I said, trying to smile while shaking my head. "You're just fucking with me right now right?" I laughed, reaching out my hands to touch him and he grabbed them.

"I used to," he said harshly but his eyes didn't match what he was saying. "Now get the fuck out of my house and out of my fucking life."

I stared at him waiting for him to pull me into his arms and take back what he just said to me, there was no way he could have done that to me but the way he was looking at me just proved how much he meant every word. 

Slowly nodding my head, I took a step back and tugged at my hands so that he could let go of them but he grabbed them tighter, looking at him straight in the eye I tugged at my hands again and he let go.

"I'll go get my things," I whispered, turning around and climbing back up the stairs to his room, I grabbed the closest suitcase I could get and threw almost everything of mine that I could find in those few minutes. I didn't even care that I was mixing my shoes in with my clothes, all I wanted to do was get out of his house just as he asked me to.

Closing up my suitcase, I took my phone out of my handbag and dialled Chris' number. 

"Amelia?" he answered and I sobbed, closing my eyes and breathing in.

"Can you please come fetch me?" I asked and he said something about bringing Aurora along. "No, don't bother her. I just need to get to my apartment and I didn't know who else to call."

"It's okay, I'll be there soon," he said and ended the call. Pulling out the file that I had in my bag, I placed it on the bed next to his suitcase.  

I looked around the room one last time before leaving with my sight blinded with tears. I found him in the living room with a glass of brandy in his hand. He was looking at the blazing fire.  

I stood behind him and smiled slowly, shaking my head.

"So you're really letting me go huh?" I said and he continued staring at the fire. "And you said you wouldn't, no matter what."

"That was before I found out where your loyalty lies," he spat, swirling the brown drink in his glass. 

"He may have fathered me, but my loyalty was never with him, he never deserved it," I said sternly and he stood up walking closer to me. 

"Sure," he said sarcastically and I shrugged, smiling.

"You know, I was scared to say this for so long because I felt like it would be too early to say it to you, but considering that I'm leaving it wouldn't hurt to say that I love you. I love you, Jason, and I'm not trying to change your mind somehow, I just want you to know that I've been in love with you and I don't know how to switch off those feelings," I gave him a grin and saw lights approaching the house, releasing a sigh, I grabbed my bags and turned around walking towards the door. 

A part of me hoped he would stop me but that was wishful thinking. Stopping by the door, I looked back at him and saw him looking at me with tear brimmed eyes, smiling. I looked down at the floor before I raised my head.

"I hope someday, you'll be able to forgive me for something I didn't do," I whispered loud enough for him to hear me considering my voice was all hoarse now. "Goodbye."