Chapter Fifty| That You Are Mine

I walked into Jason's office building smiling at everyone that I knew there and receiving a few friendly smiles back.

Stepping into the elevator, I pressed his floor and patiently waited as it agonizingly went slow, not really, but since I was really excited to see him I felt as if it was taking time.

At last, the elevator doors opened and the floor was... busy? He had people working on his floor now? Wow, only a few weeks and everything has changed drastically.

Walking in between the people to get to his office, everybody was completely absorbed in what they were doing, nobody out of place, and all looked so serious...the joys of working on the bosses floor.

His door was already open, but still, with the respect I had, I knocked and watched him look up from his laptop and a smile expand on his face. He had his glasses on which were always a turn on for me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he came to welcome me from the door with his arms wide open. I thought he was going for a hug which I was more than willing to give but he grabbed my face and pressed his lips against mine.

"I came to see if you wanted to have lunch with me," I giggled against his lips and he pressed his lips against my forehead.

"I'd love to," he said and a grin grew on my face. "But can we have it in, I have to finish working on some files and they've been a pain in the ass," he explained and I waved my hand dismissing him.

"It's okay, what do you feel like eating and I'll order it?" I asked, pulling out my phone and he told me what he felt like eating and I ordered our food.

I sat in front of his desk and watched him as he worked. I looked at the door that used to have my office behind there and I couldn't help but wonder who he had working in there now.

"It's now my personal storeroom," he said as if he was reading my thoughts and I looked at him with a smile. "I didn't want anyone else to have it," he shrugged and I nodded.

"So what are you working on, can I help while we wait for our food?" I asked scooting forward in my chair and he grinned, moving his chair back and patting his lap. "No, what will your employees say when they see me sitting on your lap?"

"What will they say?" He repeated the question and I rolled my eyes when he made a motion for me to come over. Slowly getting up and 'dragging' my feet to him, I sat down on his lap and he immediately wrapped his arms around my waist. "I missed you," he said resting his head on top of mine.

"I saw you yesterday, Jason," I said laughing and he held me tighter.

"Yesterday to today is too long to see you again," he said and I moved back so that I could rest my head on his chest.

"I'm not moving back in anytime soon," I said and he threaded our fingers together. "We have to take things at an appropriate pace," I said and he chuckled, squeezing our fingers.

"An appropriate pace it is then," he kissed my temple and I blushed...I don't know why but I did.

"Now come on, let's work," I said and he groaned but let me help him with some of his work. I kind of missed work but not that much because I was enjoying my rest. "I just remembered that we have to buy Bella a gift," I said as I sat up.

"Bella?"

"Chris and Ora's baby, Jason!" I said, giving him a hard look that he didn't know who his friend's baby was.

"She already gave birth? Crazy..." he breathed out and I wondered what was crazy about any of it, shrugging it off I went back to the papers that were in front of us. "Do you think they'd like it if we bought her a dollhouse?"