Chapter Forty| Eternity

As soon as Jason left the bedroom, I went to take a shower and got dressed in one of his sweatshirts and my tights. Walking downstairs barefoot, I saw Rosie cleaning around Jason's office, offering her a small wave and a smile as I walked in the direction of the garden.

I sat down on the bench with my legs folded underneath me, looking out here I thought it was pretty, but not as pretty as the one at my dad's house. Sighing for the umpteenth time today, I stared at the flowers with longing while a pool of thoughts swirled around in my mind.

Why didn't you talk to her? my crappy excuse wasn't even enough to convince him, why didn't I talk to her? I guess I was afraid, scared of rejection, scared that this time around I would actually hear her tell me of how much she didn't want me.

I know my dad said that she did, but he's a liar, and he lies to get what he wants. That's why he bought me that apartment and told me beautiful lies about my mom, so I could feel the tiniest bit of remorse and guilt for hating him for such a long time, and once I did he took advantage of me.

I hated myself more than anything right now, most of all, I hated lying to Jason. Just when I thought I had him back, all for the right reasons this time, but I guess that wasn't part of the plans, maybe we're not even supposed to be together.

"Why are you sitting out here?" I looked behind me and saw Jason watching me intently, a frown fell upon his handsome face and he walked closer to me, taking my face in his hands, his thumbs swiping right under my eyes. "Why are you crying?" he asked softly.

Pulling my face away from his hands I chuckled and wiped my eyes shaking my head, "I didn't even realize I was crying," I said still laughing and he stared at me, waiting for me to tell him something. "I just miss Ora, the distance makes it harder for us these days," I told him and he looked at me for a long time without saying anything.

His face finally broke into a smile as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "If that's the case, then call them up to come for dinner. It would be great to see them, no?"

"Really, I can do that?" I was hopeful and grateful that he was convinced with what I told him.

"Yeah, why not? This is after all your new home," he said and I smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you," I whispered in his ear while hugging me and his arms wrapped themselves around my back as he softly moved them up and down.

"Anything to see you happy. Should we go back inside?"

"Yeah," hand in hand, we slowly walked back into the house and once again, I saw Rosie standing around the door. Is it just me who thinks that once you learn somebody's name you see them more often and they're always around you surprisingly? "Hey, what day should they come?" I asked Jason and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Anyday, you name it and I'll be there," he said and I nodded, responding with a small 'okay'.

"So who was here to see you?" I asked once we settled in the living room and I was laying on his chest.

"Jack," my body tensed when I heard his name. I didn't like Jack as much as I used to because he was way too flirtatious and he had a huge ego like we get it! Girls fall for your blue eyes and your man bun, I would have too if I didn't fall for the most beautiful honey-brown eyes and the most annoying man ever who was currently pinching my boobs!

"Stop doing that," I hit his hands and he laughed, taking my hands and kissing them.

"It seems I'll have to go on a trip," he said softly rubbing my hands and I turned my head to look at him.

"Where?"

"Korea," he sighed and I gasped at the realization of the purpose of this trip.

"But that's-"

"I know, I'll be back sooner than you know," he said and I frowned, looking away from him.

"When do you leave?"

"Thursday."

"And what if I say I want the dinner on Thursday, would you still leave?"

"I'd ask you to move it to Wednesday," he said and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Then I'll have it on Friday, have a safe trip," I said getting up and he pulled me back down.

"Don't."

"Don't what?"

"Don't do that."

"Don't do what?" I asked, getting annoyed.

"Don't shut down and throw an indirect tantrum just because you don't want me to go," he said in my ear, hugging me tightly and I sighed looking at his arms.

"I worry about you."

"You don't have to."

"It's kind of hard not to when you do what you do when I have my father breathing down my neck!" I snapped.

"Why is your father breathing down your neck?"

"He doesn't want me with you, it could be anyone but you," I said truthfully, well it was the truth but not the whole truth.

"And you?"

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't want it to be you," I answered and he pressed his lips on the shell of my ear.

"You want to be with me," he said in a teasing tone and I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling.

"I could leave if you're getting too proud," I threatened and he tightened his arms around me.

"I wouldn't let you go, no matter what," he declared and I looked back at him.

"You mean that?" I asked softly. "No matter what?" I needed to hear him say it again, I needed the reassurance that no matter what he wouldn't let me go.

"No matter what, you're mine for all of eternity Amelia."

"That's a long time."

"It is."

"I hope you're ready to spend all of your eternity with me," I said, smirking and he laughed.

"I wouldn't have it any other way, I'm ready for it all."

"Ugh, you're so cheesy it's disturbing," I said and he chuckled, kissing my neck.

"You love it."

"I do," I admitted and he started sucking on my neck. "Come on, do you know how hard it is to cover that up?"

"Then don't cover it up," he said, moving to the other side.

"You're so annoying!"

"How about you give me that head I was supposed to get earlier on?"

"And insatiable!" I said laughing and he growled, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Damn right I am!"