Chapter Forty-four| Ditto

Two Weeks Later

"It's great to see you smiling," Aurora said as she leaned against the door.

"Yeah, I enjoy being here," I said as I looked around the nursery. "Thank you for letting me help with the painting and all," I said and she smiled, shaking her head.

"I like to see you happy," she shrugged, walking over to me and sitting down on the chair next to mine. "Can't she come out already," she groaned rubbing her belly and I smiled looking at it. 

"Don't rush my niece, she'll come out when she's ready," I said, rubbing her swollen belly. 

"Well, I'm more than ready!" I laughed out as she continued complaining about how she was ready to give birth but her baby just didn't want to come out yet. She was due next week and I was excited. 

"It's gonna be okay, just enjoy the last moments of your pregnancy," I cooed and she slapped my hand away making me laugh harder. Looking at my watch I sighed getting up. "I should get going, I'll see you later okay?"

"Are you sure you want to go there?" she asked worriedly and I smiled at her reassuringly.

"It's best I face him now don't you think?" 

"I guess so, but if that dick tries anything, call me okay!?" 

"I will, love you, Ora," I kissed her cheek and pressed a small kiss on her belly. "I love you too, munchkin!"

Walking out of the nursery room, I found Chris laying on the couch watching football, rolling my eyes, I kicked the back of the couch and he looked at me startled.

"Hey, didn't you hear us calling you! Her water just broke you, idiot!" I said biting the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing at his reaction.

He got up and almost tripped over his own feet and that's when I lost it, Ora walked into the living room and she quickly caught onto what I was laughing at.

"Amelia, you should really stop doing that to my fiancé," she said giggling at the end and I laughed harder when I saw the look he gave me.

"He falls for it every time!" I said in between laughs and he muttered something making me laugh harder. "I'll see you guys later."

"You're going to see him?" Chris asked and I nodded smiling at his disgusted face. "He's a dick."

"I know," I gave them one last wave and left their house getting into my car. I drove in the direction of his house and my anxiety and nervousness hit the roof. Why was I going to his house? I questioned myself. This is the same man that hurt me regardless of the relationship I had with him, he didn't care. 

Pulling in towards the big black gates, I rolled down my windows and smiled for the guards who quickly opened the gates. It's been long since I've seen them and they're still as serious as ever. I drove around the circular water fountain every rich person seems to have and parked right in front of the house. I don't plan on being here long but he did ask for dinner and I agreed. 

I got out of the car and walked up the few steps leading to the door of the house. Bringing my hand up, I knocked twice and clutched my bag again breathing out a heavy breath.

"What am I doing here?" I asked myself looking around and seeing a few faces I know. Waving my hand, they gave me a brief nod before carrying on with what they were doing. 

The door opened and I smiled at the friendly face I've seen many times. She moved over to the side allowing me to enter the house. Everything was still the same way I had left it.

"Amy!" A voice squealed as the woman came running towards me with her arms open wide, her heels clicked loudly against the ceramic tile, I hope she doesn't slip...maybe. 

Forcing a smile up to my face, I opened my arms and waited for her to hug me. "Kiara," I answered and stood still as she kissed my cheeks...ugh.

"I didn't think you'd come," she said and I smiled nodding. 

"I wasn't, I just came to get the rest of my things."

"But you're still going to stay for dinner right?"

"Sure," I agreed, following her to the dining room, there I found Rick sitting at the head of the table.

"Honey, look who I invited!" she said in a cheery voice and he sent a nod my way whereas I ignored him. Taking a seat furthest away from him, I crossed my arms over the table and glared at him. 

"I see," he responded, crossing his arms over his chest. "Where's Daniels?" he asked mockingly and I rolled my eyes.

"Where he is," I responded.

"I heard about your breakup, I saw it all over the tabloids. You looked pretty broken up," she said looking sorry and I only shrugged. "He was too old for you anyway," she said in a sorry way and I sighed smiling at her.

"So is Rick," I shrugged and she laughed, shaking her head.

"You are so funny," she said and I cocked my head to the side. "Let's eat!"

We all started eating although I only managed a few bites before Kiara spoke again. 

"I feel so sorry for you though," she said looking at me and I groaned internally seeing that we were back to me once again.

"Ditto," I responded and she looked at me and I only gave her a smile.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Rick asked me and I lost it.

"Why did you do it?" I slammed my fork down on the table as I stared at him. "Tell me what in the world would compel you to do something like that to your own child!" 

"Amy," Kiara said softly and I turned my head to look at her.

"Shut up Kiara, this isn't any of your business!" I snapped and she bit her lip shocked, she huffed and crossed her arms over her chest looking at Rick expectedly. "Sorry," I said softly and she smiled.

"I did what any father would do for his only daughter," he shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"Bullshit!" I yelled getting up, my chair fell on the floor from my abrupt movement. "This was about you winning because you can't get over the fact that somebody you taught is doing better than you! 

This is because you can never stand the fact that your time is done and it's time for you to stand down, why can't you just accept that it's no longer about you. 

Fucking hell, that's why mom left you! You just can't stand losing can you, that's why you forced her to leave me here with you when you didn't even know how to raise me, as a matter of fact, you didn't but somehow I still end up like you. 

A fucking coward and betrayer!" 

"Ooo," Kiara said but my eyes were still trained on my dad.

"What did you ju-"

"I'm not done, you had a lot of time to talk that day and now it's my turn!" I interrupted him and his nose flared. "Yeah, how does it feel like to be treated like shit. I saw mom, by the way, she looked amazing and happier without you and I'm happy that she got away from a blood-sucking shit head like you and honestly Kiara if you're smart enough, you would take everything you could from him and leave since he'll basically have nothing left soon."

"Huh?"

"She's back?" he asked softly and I scoffed.

"Thank you for inviting me Kiara, it gave me an opportunity to say some things, goodbye dickhead!" I grabbed my handbag and walked out of their house into my car, once in I finally released a heavy breath I had been holding in. Smiling I felt my tears flow down my face, it felt so good to finally let that all out.

I forgot the rest of my stuff, why didn't I just start with getting them first and then shout at him... I'm such an idiot sometimes!