Chapter Fifty-six| I'm Sorry

Jason and I sat together on the right of Rick who was sitting at the head of the bedroom table. Today was the day of the press release and I was still dancing on my toes in anticipation.

Due to the surprise last night and all the exhaustion, I decided to go home with Jason, I seriously wanted to figure out what my dad's plan was but I was tired. I never saw Marlene again last night but I didn't miss Rick's smirks filled with pride.

I watched as the room filled with the important people of the board and with reporters, so many of them it made my head ache, I was ready to go home and sleep the rest of this nightmare away.

Rick stood up from his seat pushing his left hand in his pocket, he unbuttoned his jacket obviously had done this process so many times, he cleared his throat and the room silenced.

"Good morning, thank you all for joining us today. Seeing that it's a full house already, we'll get right to it," he said nodding and all this flickering of the flashlights were annoying me, I felt nauseous, I was tired, and I had a headache, a perfect combo for a pissed woman.

"I'm sure you're all waiting to bombard us with your questions, we're not promising to answer all but most, and may we please do things in an orderly fashion?" Aha! Please, orderly my ass you fucking dick.

"We may begin, Frankie since I know you very well you may start," Rick said sitting down making Frankie chuckle.

"Miss Adams, how do you feel about your newly acquired position?" Frankie asked me and I scooted forward to my mic after clearing my throat.

"Please call me Amelia, to answer your question, I am really excited to be given such an opportunity. I watched my father head this company for years and I was just amazed by how he managed to be a single father and head such a huge company. He had been training me for years for this and I'm super surprised that the position came sooner than I expected." I said leaning back on my chair and giving Rick a look that said 'eat shit'!

"Jason, how do you feel about your fiancée being the new CEO of a company that's been known to be a rival against yours?" I think her name was Jennifer.

"Please call me Mr Daniels," Jason said, making the room laugh. "I'm just joking. I couldn't be happier for Amelia, I know that this has been a dream of hers for as long as I've known her, and honestly, I'm not one to bring business antics back to a happy home, so we can be rivals during that nine to five and be happy together after," he said and everybody chuckled at what he said at the end.

"I find it amazing how you guys are able to come to such an understanding, you guys had a falling out not so long ago, when Amelia was still your assistant, would you say that happened because she was gathering information on your company to take it to her father's?" Another reporter asked but I decided to answer the question.

"No information was being gathered from one company to another, I'm a loyal employee and now employer. Our falling out happened because of some personal issues that we aren't here to discuss. I believe we're here to talk about my new position and our engagement, yes?"

"Of course, Amelia is right on all accounts and I believe that what will really get you guys happy and rushing to your keyboards is that both companies plan to merge after the wedding!" Rick announced dropping yet another bomb on us.

I felt Jason's hand squeeze my thigh, I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from lashing out.

"Unfortunately, that's all the questions Jason and I could fit into the schedule, another press release will possibly be scheduled for us to talk about the merger of the two companies. Thank you all for joining us today, please enjoy the refreshments that have been provided. Goodbye," I said politely into the mic and threaded our fingers together getting up.

More questions were being thrown at us but luckily the guards were there to prevent the reporters from following us. We made it to his car still holding our smiles for the few camera's that were outside waiting.

My phone rang as he drove away from Rick's company, I could tell he was angry but he was keeping it in. I answered my phone and the sound that met my ear was horrifying.

"You're getting married!" Ora screamed and I sighed, rubbing my forehead. "And you didn't think to tell me, I had to find out from the tabloids A, those stupid tabloids!"

"Ora, I would've loved to tell you sooner but I just found out too, along with a whole lot of stuff that I had no clue were happening in my life," I groaned frustrated.

"What's going on?" she asked softly and I swear I almost broke down, if it weren't for JJ holding my hand and lightly squeezing it I would have.

"I don't know," I admitted, my voice coming out lowly. "But we'll figure it out," I said a bit more strongly and she murmured her okays and told me if we need anything we could come to her. "I'll talk to you later okay?"

"Okay, I love you A."

"I love you too," I hung up the phone just in time to see JJ's gates opening and allowing us to enter.

He parked his car in the garage and we quietly entered his house, I slid off my heels bending over to pick them up while JJ walked away to the kitchen saying he needed something to drink.

I sat down on the couch softly rubbing my aching feet, he came back from the kitchen with his drink in his hand and a bottle of water that I had asked for.

He had already taken off his jacket and had unbuttoned the first few buttons of his shirt. He laced around the room and as much as I understood his frustration it was making me dizzy.

"Jason, please sit down," I asked him after taking a few sips of my water.

"So that's his plan, to take my company! Something that I worked hard for!?" he yelled at no one specifically. I took a deep breath in trying to settle the nervousness that was causing havoc within me.

"Would it be a bad time to tell you that I'm pregnant?" I said bluntly and he stopped pacing and stared at me.

"The fuck?" he responded, if it wasn't about me I would've laughed but I was offended. "What do you mean you're pregnant, I thought you were on the shot!"

"I mean that I'm currently carrying your baby inside me and those things aren't a hundred percent effective," I answered calmly, if I was calm he would be calm too.

"What the fuck?" He repeated and I got annoyed.

"Stop saying that!" I snapped.

"I don't fucking want a child, I'm not ready for one! What the fuck are you trying to do to me!?" he yelled making me stand up despite feeling my heartache.

"Fucking hell Jason, you're thirty-three years old about to turn fucking thirty-four and you're not ready for a child! And I'm not doing anything to you!" I yelled back, balling my fists on my sides, pissed.

"Maybe I just don't want children, have you thought about that?" he said, raising his hands in frustration and I rolled my eyes.

"Then you should have thought about that before going raw and releasing your fucking sperm in me because that's how babies are fucking made!" I screamed, feeling my tears stream down my face. "Why do you even keep coming back to me if you know we don't want the same things?" I asked him, I pushed past him running to one of the other bedrooms in this house.

I heard the glass shattering sound that echoed in the house and some cursing before I heard the door slam closed. My body shook as I silently cried clutching my not so flat belly, how could he also not even notice?

I fell asleep in my fetal position and I stirred awake when I felt a body join me in bed and wrap their arms around my body resting his hand on my belly.

I felt my anger evaporate when I felt his lips against my neck.

"I'm sorry."