Chapter Twenty-Two| Triggered.

"Ms Adams, there's someone here to see you," one of the maids' voices boomed from the other side of my bedroom door. I stared at the door with a slight frown before shouting.

"I'm coming!"

Who was here to disturb my peace on a Saturday night I have no idea, Aurora was somewhere prancing with Chris, she's always with Chris lately.

Pulling my sweater on, I opened my bedroom door and walked downstairs. My dad and Kiara had gone on a date night of some sort, what for I don't know since they're already getting married! So in conclusion, I was kind of home alone.

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I walked into the foyer and found him staring out into the garden, I crossed my arms over my chest and stood behind him.

"What do you want?" I asked him and he turned around with a huge smile on his face which slowly disappeared once he saw my sombre look.

"Go get changed, I'm taking you out," he said.

"No, I don't feel like going out tonight. So could you please leave?" I pointed to the door and he frowned coming closer to me.

"Lia, what's going on? Why are you acting so distant?"

"Nothing, I'm just tired and I want to rest," I lied, shrugging and looking away from him. He touched my face and forced me to look at him, I pulled my face away from his hand and he clenched his jaw.

"Lia, you left work early yesterday, you haven't been returning my calls or replying to my texts either, tell me what's going on so I can fix it!"

"I already said nothing is wrong!" I raised my voice and he grabbed my hand pulling me out into the garden. "Don't grab me like that," I protested and he ignored me, closing the sliding door and staring down at me.

"Talk, I'm listening," he said forcefully, crossing his arms over his chest, his eyes looked darker like he was angry but they also had a sad gleam in them because he wanted to know what was wrong and I was here being an ass to him, but he should know what is wrong.

"Honestly, there's nothing to talk about, I'm just tired!" I said laughing but I could feel my tears form as I lied, I rapidly blinked my eyes before the tears could fall down.

"Bullshit Lia, tell me what the fuck is going on with you, now!"

"Fine! Why didn't you tell Jack that I was spoken for, by you when he asked!" I shouted out the question and he looked at me dumbfounded.

"Is that why you're acting this way? Because I didn't agree when Jack asked me if you were mine?" he asked surprised as if he couldn't believe it. "Oh my god, Lia, you had me thinking it was something worse!" He said almost relieved and I stared at him.

Did he think this wasn't serious?

"You didn't answer my question, Jason," I said and his eyes snapped to mine when I said his name and he frowned.

"Because he doesn't need to know, besides we know," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Really, we know? Then what are we because I don't fucking know and I would like some fucking reassurance!" I yelled at him raising my hands, damn, I had really been bottling this up.

"What the fuck for! You're with me and I'm with you!" he yelled back pointing in between us. "What more do you need?"

"Jason, I need to know what we are! I need to know if I'm spoken for by you, if not then why am I wasting time with you?" I asked him and huffed out his frustration clutching onto his hair.

"Lia, I don't fucking know what we are! All I know is that we're fucking just like we always have and now you're making it an issue for no reason at all, why are you doing this?"

"Oh, so that's all it is? We're just fucking? Then I might as well go out with Jack because you and I aren't in a relationship, so it shouldn't be an issue for you!"

"You don't get to do that!" He pointed to me with his finger and I slapped it away from my face.

"You don't own me! I get to do whatever the fuck I want!" I screamed in his face and he grabbed my shoulders squeezing a little too tightly.

"No you don't, you're mine Lia, and you must be a fool if you think I'm going to allow you to go out with Jack or any other man for that fact. I don't get why we're fighting over this!"

"Because you don't know what you want! You just want to string me along until whenever you get tired and move away from me and leave me like you always do, I want more than that!" I pushed him backwards and he moved forward again. From my peripheral vision, I could see Chris and Aurora standing there and watching us.

"Fine, if you want to be a whore then go ahead and be one. It wouldn't be the first time you do it!" He screamed in my face and I stared at him. "Somebody just whispers some sweet words into your ear and you're already opening your legs just like the fucking whore you are! Maybe that's why Marie left because she knew what disgrace of a daughter she had given birth to."

My hand met his face in a hard slap as he said all that to me, I couldn't believe I was hearing all of this from him.

"Leave," I said and my voice broke. I could feel the tears run down my face in a stream as I stared at him. He came closer to me wanting to touch me and I took a step back pointing to the sliding doors. "Leave!" I screamed and Chris stood in front of me sort of pushing Jason out of the house.

I felt Aurora wrap her arms around my body as I cried in her arms. "I don't know what just happened," I cried and she shushed me holding onto me tighter. "I don't know," I cried into her arms and she pressed her lips against my forehead.

I don't know what triggered JJ to say all of those things to me, all I know is that it hurt a lot and I couldn't believe we had just fought.

I was hurting and he used something that I've always trusted him with against me, who does that?