Chapter Fifty-four| Enjoy The Rest Of The Party

Rosie

I stood in the far corner lurking in the shadows watching Amelie throw herself at Jason. Even at a function she still wanted his attention... pathetic.

I watched them talk and laugh around together, I wanted to know why but I didn't need them to know that I was also here, that I was also invited. 

I've wanted Jason ever since I met him, I remember the first day we crossed paths and it's been burnt inside my memory. 

I had just gotten my job at his house, and the senior maid told me that they were hiring extra staff in preparation for his return. I had always wondered who my boss was and one day I finally got to meet him. 

I was cleaning his office when he stepped in wearing a grey suit with his suit jacket in his hands. I first noticed his body which was obviously ripped under that suit, and once my eyes made their way to his face, my breath was caught in my breath.

Trying hard to swallow so I could start breathing again, I began coughing out of control because I had swallowed with the wrong pipe. Rubbing my throat hoping to stop the discomfort, hearing his deep warm voice made me stop and slowly look over at him.

"Are you okay?" he asked me and I nodded right before I stuttered out my answer.

"Yes, sir." 

Giving me a brief nod and a smile, he gathered what he had come for and left me alone in his office still thinking about what just happened. He wasn't cold as the other maids had described him to be. He just asked me if I was okay and that meant he cared about me.

He always did care about me, but that was right before Amelia came by and dug her dirty spoilt claws into him, making him care less about me and not notice me anymore. He always looked at her with adoration and love, looks that were supposed to be given to me but he was confused because of a problem that was before him, a problem that I would help get rid of. 

My first attempt failed, obviously seeing that they were back together, stealing her tablet that she always carried around with her didn't help with a goddamn thing and that pissed me off. 

During their break, I realized that I finally had an in, became his personal assistant since the position was vacant and have him fall in love with me the same way he did with Amelia, he would notice me and develop feelings for me, the way it should have been at home. 

And once again Amelia distracted him, it was always about her and that pissed me off to the brink. Yes I admit she's gorgeous but she doesn't deserve to be with him, I do and I will. He's always been mine and I will never allow a girl like her that's always gotten everything she ever wanted from her daddy to get him too. 

That's why I helped him, he and I had the same view on things and we both didn't like seeing them together. So we devised a plan to break them apart, it was brilliant and it all played well. Jason believed that Amelia stole information from him and sent it to his enemy, her father, she broke his trust and he didn't want her anymore. Kicking her out of his house had to be the highlight of that day and I was happy. 

Not only were we breaking them apart but we were also building a foundation for Jason and me, however, that didn't go as I thought it would. I expected him to come grovelling to me after he realised Amelia didn't love him, all she wanted to do was use him but instead he ignored everyone and became distant, even from me. 

Annoyed with the way he had been acting I decided to quit my job at the house and find another way to make him notice me. I interviewed for a job as his personal assistant and I got it. I was beyond happy and I knew that this was my way in with him, we were finally going to be together. 

Me being the personal assistant of one of the most influential men in the city, and him being a vulnerable puppy we were going to make a great couple, a power couple. One that loved one another and worked with each other. I would be the one he fucked over his desk and told that he loved her.

And again the bitch had to appear back in his life, what fucking for I had no clue but I had had it with her, it was time they were really broken up for good. And her dear old daddy was going to help me with that. 

"It is with great pleasure to announce the new CEO of Adams Corp, my daughter, Amelia Adams!" I smirked as I watched the shocked expression come over both their faces. Jason looked more angry than shocked and that's exactly what I was going for.

She looked up at him and shook her head whispering something to him as if she was reassuring him that she didn't know this was going to happen. I knew and I knew it was going to rip them apart. The whole act of 'I don't talk to my daddy' looked fake right now. 

She reached for his hand but he pulled away clapping slowly, perfect! Now he can finally be with me, their newly built trust just got a hard hit and there was no way they would rebuild that again.

"Beyond that, I am honoured," her father continued. "I've been given the privilege to announce my only daughter's engagement to a man that I trained, to a man that went on and opened his own business and became successful, to a man I already see as my son, Jason Daniels!" 

WHAT! 

The cheering and clapping became louder and I watched as confusion and shock came over their features, I was just as shocked, we never discussed an engagement.

"Come up here," he said and I watched them look at each other and whisper something between each other before they forced smiles on their faces and intertwined their fingers together. They made it up on the stage and Amelia gave her father a hard look to which he responded with a smirk and pointed to the mic with his head. 

She took a deep breath in and walked closer to the mic after she and Jason shared a quick convincing kiss. My kiss!

"I wasn't expecting all of this," she nervously giggled, you shouldn't be getting any of it. "Finding out that I'm the newly appointed CEO to a company that my dad built with blood, sweat and tears had me in tears, and not only that, getting a marriage proposal from the love of my life made it an amazing day, it was as if they planned it," she said and people chuckled and she looked back at her dad. 

"I don't want to bore you with a speech so I say enjoy this...triple party!" She turned around and gave her father a hug and he said something in her ear making her pull away still smiling at him. Wrapping his arm around her waist, he pulled her away from Rick and I chose that exact moment to go talk to him after he got off stage. 

I followed him out into the hallways and rushed to him.

"What the hell was that?" I whisper-yelled at him and he turned around with a smug smile on his face.

"The announcement as we planned," he shrugged and I shook my head violently raising my hands.

"We only planned that she would be getting the company tonight so it caused a rift between them, not this!" I yelled at him and he stared at me bored.

"While you just want to get off your hormones, I have far better plans that I don't need to discuss with you. You failed at delivering the information I needed, and you failed at keeping them away from each other. I don't need you Roselle, and I suggest you stay the hell away from my daughter, understood?" 

I kept quiet glaring at him, he just fucked me over and he expects me to stop? He grabbed my cheek roughly and pulled me closer to him.

"Understood?" he said a bit more threateningly and I quickly nodded in fear. He let go of my face and smiled menacingly. "Enjoy the rest of the party."