Chapter Sixty-four| Welcome To The World

I was a sweating mess. My hair was sticking onto my face, the light cloth that covered my body stuck onto me like a second skin, I smelt bad, just like sweat and I felt horrible.

Screaming out for the umpteenth time today, feeling the excruciating labour pain kick me again and each time worse than before, I looked over at my husband whose face was scrunched up in pain as I squeezed his hand...if I was feeling this, he had to feel it too. Even though his wasn't anything measured up to mine.

"Baby, breathe," he said, noticing my glare and doing those ridiculous breathing exercises. Deep breaths in and deep breaths out, it didn't work! And it didn't help with getting this baby out of me, on five centimetres dilated, half through getting his baby out of me.

I think I should have been more clear when I said housewife with many kids, I forgot to add ADOPTED kids, this was torture and keeping my tears reserved for when the pushing was going to start, I took out all of my anger on Jason.

He was such a sweetheart, letting me throw multiple of things at him, allowing me to cuss him and his existence, and through it all, he remained calm and excited, WHILE I WAS IN FUCKING PAIN!

"Jason," I called out for him and he looked back at me from the TV screen. He was watching some soccer match while we waited for our baby to leave the home he obviously didn't want to leave.

"Yes, baby?" he answered immediately and I smiled watching as his smile grew. I placed my hand on his face and he leaned into it, my fingers slowly crawling to his ear before gripping it hard and making him yelp.

"GET YOUR SON OUT OF ME!" I screamed and he flinched, carefully removing my fingers from his head before softly touching my swelled up belly where our son was slowly, agonizingly slowly pushing himself out. "Don't touch me," I growled out annoyed and he quickly let go before jumping back and keeping a distance between us.

"I don't get why you're being mean to me when I'm not the one hurting you," he grumbled under his breath and I raised my head in a challenging way not believing the audacity this man had! Where did he pick up the liver to say that he wasn't the one hurting me! The last time I checked it was his dick that pumped a baby into me. "Should I bring you water baby?" he asked sweetly and I slowly nodded my head.

"If you want to live," I threatened and he quickly pressed his lips against my forehead before dashing out of the private room that he got for us in this hospital. I laid on my side watching that stupid match play on the TV screen.

"Why are you giving him such a hard time?" my mother asked as she entered the room with a basket in her hands giggling. "I just saw him run out here saying he wanted to live," she laughed and I cracked a smile before sitting up straight.

"Because I'm getting my revenge, his son is hurting me way too much for me to just leave him and let him watch soccer," I said and she laughed sitting down on the chair Jason was sitting on.

"Are you ready to welcome your baby?" she asked and I semi-shook and semi-nodded my head.

"I'm scared, I don't know how to be a parent, and the example I witnessed isn't what I would want my son to witness from me," I said and she held my hand in hers.

"Nobody really knows how to be a parent, and you're never prepared for it. Be glad that you have a husband that loves you and that will be with you to raise your baby. He's a good man, and he's definitely nothing like Rick was to you and to me, so trust that everything will be okay."

I grabbed onto every word she said and she was completely right, there was seriously no need for me to be stressed over something that hadn't happened yet, I trusted Jason and I knew that we were going to be alright, probably not now because this contraction feels way worse than the others and I sent my mother an apologetic glance as I twisted on the bed screaming out my agony.

"Baby I got your water," Jason rushed in holding up the bottle and my vision got blurry as I finally let the tears flow down my face. "Baby don't cry please."

He got to my side and wiped away my tears pressing a small kiss on my nose but the tears just kept on flowing, the pain was awful and it felt like something was ripping me apart, more like someone.

"Jason, he's coming," I informed him crying and he froze before coming back to life after I squeezed his hand screaming out again. I watched as my doctor rushed in and other nurses as well.

"Time to welcome our baby," she announced and I'm not sure if it was tears of joy or agony that flowed down my face but I was thrilled to finally get it out. "Okay, Mrs Daniels I need you to push on the count of three, okay?" Whispering out my answer she counted to three and I screamed as I pushed as hard as I could but the little bastard wasn't convinced that was enough.

"One, two, three," Jason and I screamed at the same time and as much as I found it amusing for him to be screaming with me it was also comforting, and the words he would whisper in my ear every time I pushed with everything I got was encouraging.

"You're doing great baby, we're almost there," he said and I was ready to push again, I don't know when Jason suddenly got so brave because he decided to look down to my vagina where I could feel my baby boys head stretching me to a point I never thought I would stretch, the dickhead passed out falling onto the tiles. So much for the encouragement.

"You're almost done Amelia, one final push," my doctor encouraged me and I pushed once more feeling relieved once I heard my baby's cry for the first time making me extremely emotional as I watched him wail, flapping his hands. The doctor passed him over to a nurse who covered him in a blanket and passed him over to me.

I laughed, feeling my tears prick at my eyes as I studied my son's facial features. He was extremely hairy and had his father's nose and pouty lips. I was blown away when he opened his eyes and stared into mine blinking repeatedly as he continued to stare into my eyes, he had my eyes!

"Can somebody please kick his father for me please," I asked laughing and looked back down to my baby in my arms who was sobbing. "Yes, you're out in the real world now," I said laughing and he blinked his eyes as if he was preparing to cry again.

"Wow," I heard Jason's voice over my head and I looked up at him before looking back down at our son as he stared up at his dad confused. I passed him over to Jason and he immediately welcomed him into his arms. "Welcome to the world, Adrian."