Chapter Forty-One | Hatred

"Wake up, Lia," he whispered softly in my ear, his arms were wrapped around my body in a tight hold and he wouldn't let go. I had been up for a whole hour staring at the same wall because I didn't want to see him leave.

I heaved a sigh and slowly turned around in his arms and pressed a kiss on his forehead. "You're right, it's time to go to work," I said, unwrapping his arms. 

Opening up the water in the shower, I stripped out of his shirt folding it just to end up throwing it on the floor, I stared at it frowning and entered the shower feeling the scorching water burn my skin making me scream, I heard him chuckle behind me while moving the tap handle more towards the middle.

"See why you can't go? I can't even open the water properly," I sobbed into my hands and he sighed, wrapping his arms around my body. "More hot water please," I sobbed when I felt the water getting colder.

"You've been so emotional these past few days," he said, washing my hair and I hiccuped feeling like an idiot. I have been an emotional mess, maybe it's because he's going away and he's leaving me again. 

After taking a shower, we both got dressed in silence and ate breakfast together. I hadn't seen Rosie lately and I kind of figured out that she was probably busy with her exams.

"So when are you coming back?" I cleared my throat after playing with my food and he looked up to me with a smile on his face.

"In a week's time, I'll be back before you know it," he said, kissing my temple and smoothing my hair back.

"Okay, it should exactly be in a week, or less," I muttered and he chuckled, hugging me.

"I'll miss you too," he said and I patted his back.

"Okay, you can let go now, I don't want this to wrinkle up, it's velvet and I don't have time to iron it," I pushed him off and smooth my dress down. "Look," I whined seeing the very thin lines forming by the chest area.

"It's not that bad, shall we go?"

"Dickhead," I muttered under my breath and he threw me a smile over his shoulder.

At the office we were both consumed in our work, I was trying to finish everything in advance for tomorrow while reducing my interacting time with Jason, I know I'm supposed to be all over him right now but I don't want to cry because I know I will, my throat has been hurting since the weekend and I'm barely holding on to my tears. 

Taking a deep breath in, I walked out of my office into his and placed his documents on his desk in front of him, "Your travelling papers and hotels you'll be staying at," I said softly not looking at him, turning around to walk back into my office, he pulled me back by my wrist and I ended up on his lap.

"Spend these last few hours with me, Lia, I can't handle you being so distant," he whispered in my ear and I bit my trembling lip blocking rapidly to stop the tears from falling down.

"I'm sad," I whispered, swallowing in my sobs. "And I know I can't go with you, but I want to," I admitted and he sighed, bringing my head to lie on his chest.

"You know there's nothing more that I would love with you coming along, but I can't put you in that position, not when you mean so much to me," he said, rocking us from side to side and I nodded against his chest.

"I understand," I said and I brought my head up to look up at him. "Look at me acting like you're walking out of my life again when you're just going abroad, I've grown too attached to you," I said laughing in embarrassment to stop myself from crying.

"Exactly how I want you," he said, pressing his lips against my forehead. 

"I guess she will be the one escorting you to the airport?" Jack said and I looked up at him and waved my hand.