Chapter Thirty-Five| Amelia

"Hey man, thanks for making it," my hand met with Chris' in a firm handshake and we both sat down on our chairs.

"You did say drinks were on you," he shrugged and I chuckled. Chris and I had just started hanging out and I have to say that he was great company, mostly observant and sometimes quiet but I liked having a drink with him.

"Where's Aurora?" I asked him after we both ordered our drinks and he leaned back on his chair taking a swig of his beer.

"Your lady came over to my house earlier on and sort of kidnapped her saying they're going out on a girls day out, well something like that," he explained waving his hand and I smiled. She had left early from work seeing I was swamped in a meeting and left a note saying she's going home, I guess she didn't.

"Crazy," I said grinning and we both shrugged. "How's the pregnancy treating you? Ready to be a dad?"

"Aurora is driving me crazy, her hormones are all over the place but I'm enjoying it, watching her belly swell up with my child's is a pure joy, although at times I feel ready to jump out the window with her constant demands at two in the morning," he said smiling and you could see the excitement written all over his face, he really did see ready for it regardless of what he's saying right now.

"That sounds like hell but also awesome at the same time man, I'm happy for you!" I said and we laughed. "I kind of told Amelia I don't want kids," I said and he took a deep breath in before drinking his beer.

"That probably translated to her as 'I don't see us together for a long time'," he said using his fingers to do the air quotes and I groaned rubbing my forehead, knowing he was extremely right.

"I know man, and then she made up some story of not wanting children, well not now but eventually later on, probably with some other man," I grumbled sipping my beer and he sighed.

"Do you blame her though, I probably would have dumped your ass already considering all you have said to her," he said scoffing and I knew that he cared for Lia, he's been there for her and Aurora for the longest time and would do anything for them.

"Yeah, I would too. But I just can't help it, you know. Every time I feel like she's getting close, I always find some stupid shit to say to her so that she could leave me alone but she always comes back, no matter what I say, she always does."

"So do you," he pointed out and I nodded, placing my empty bottle on the table.

"I can't help it, I love being around her and I want her to always be with me even though I'm an asshole, I even asked her to move in with me today," I said and Chris looked shocked.

"Weren't you guys just fighting over some girl named Melissa or is it Miranda?"

"How do you know?"

"Aurora," he shrugged and we chuckled, he probably knows everything about Amelia and me. "The girls are always talking to each other."

"Yeah, we were but we resolved it," I said.

"Leading to you to ask her to move in with you, already?"

"I know most would say I'm moving way too fast but I just can't be patient with her. I tried to stay far away from her but she makes it so hard to do anything that doesn't have her in it. She's like a fucking addiction, and at the start, you never thought you would go back at it but soon you find yourself not being able to live without it and there's no rehab for it because it's not even an addiction, it's something that's apart of you."

Chris was quiet for a long time looking at me before he took a sip of his refilled drink and I saw his body shake with laughter.

"What's so funny?" I asked a bit irritated and he shook his head, clearing his throat.

"Have you told her?" he asked, moving his finger around the rim of his glass.

"Told her what?"

"That you're in love with her."

I stared at him as if he was crazy and chuckled while taking a sip of his drink.

"I am not in love with her. I'm infatuated by her and it's probably the same on her side," I said before downing the rest of my drink enjoying the comforting burn that came with it.

"Okay," Chris shrugged and checked his phone. "Well, this was fun but I've got to get back home to the person I am in love with," he said getting up and I followed suit.

"See you some other time Chris," I patted his back and he did the same with my arm, he turned to walk away but he faced me again.

"Don't hurt her, if you do, I will forget that you bought me drinks and I will break your knees because that girl is precious and her heart is too sweet even when it's not her fight she comes through for the people she loves. Be sure of what you want with her, if you know you don't want anything more than what you guys have now I suggest you leave her alone, she'll heal and find the one that's ready for her," he said and I took in every word he said and I really wanted to say that I'm the one, I kept it to myself. "See you later Jason."

"Later, Chris," I raised my hand and waved him off as we walked to our separate cars. On my way home I kept on thinking about the conversation Chris and I had, and most importantly what I really wanted in the end with Amelia. For some odd reason, she makes me want to have kids and settle down with her, just her.

Once I arrived at my house, I stripped out of my clothes and took a quick shower before diving into some work. I wore my sweatpants and didn't bother with a shirt. I had my dinner and I couldn't stop thinking about Lia and how I might've possibly ruined our relationship by asking her to move in. She didn't answer me when I asked her to, instead, she made up some excuse of us being late to work which was probably for the best.

After washing my dishes, I was on my way to my office when my doorbell rang. Walking towards the door barefoot, I opened it knowing that my security wouldn't just allow anyone who wasn't on the visitors list in without asking me, and there was only one name there.

She stood behind my door staring up at me with her huge beautiful brown eyes that seemed to glow because of the light. She had cut her hair shorter and she looked absolutely gorgeous. My eyes were trained on her face that I almost didn't notice her pulling her bag into my house.

"I'm moving in."