If I Find Out Any Of You Gave Her A Hard Time I'll Snap Your Fucking Neck

Bo sat in my passenger seat, watching the trees pass as I drove. I spent the next five minutes watching her when she wasn't paying attention - not because I was afraid of being caught because I could care less if the pretty girl knew I was admiring her - but she gets embarrassed easily. And although I adore the blush that rises on her cheeks, I didn't want to get her all flustered, we were pulling up to the gym and I didn't want anyone else to see it.

As my car came to a rolling halt, she looked at the brick-building with worried eyes. I wasn't oblivious to the way her hands started to shake. There was barely any movement, but I could see them trembling even when she tried hiding them inside of her duffle-bag.

"I won't let anything happen to you," I break the silence. "If you're worried about someone making fun of you, it's not going to happen when I'm around. I promise you that."

Bo was an open book when it came to her emotions. I knew I had her word for word when she stuck out her pinky to me. I looked down at the small digit in front of me and then locked eyes with her.

"What is this?"

"A pinky promise," her face contorted with confusion. "You said you'll make sure nobody makes fun of me. I'm holding you up to that promise."

I lock my pinky with hers. "If you tell anyone I made you a pinky promise -"

"It will ruin your bad-boy reputation," her eyes gleamed with humor. "I get it. I pinky promise I won't tell anyone."

I rolled my eyes, unhooking our pinkies. She was on the sidewalk before I could step out of my truck. The pink duffle-bag hanging on her shoulder was bigger than she was. I watched her with hilarity as she almost tripped over it. My hand reached out, catching the strap of her bag and pulling her to stability.

She poked her head. "You know me, the clutz."

"How about we work on balance today?" I bite my lip, trying to conceal my smile.

"Are you making fun of me?"

"Of course not."

"You're already breaking your pinky promise!" She pointed accusing fingers at me.

"I crossed my toes," I said, making her gasp. "I'm just kidding."

She muttered jerk as I opened the door for her. My laughter followed her inside of the gym. The curly-haired girl must be blind because she didn't notice John standing in front of her, staring at his clipboard, which had nothing on it.

He looked up like he wasn't watching us through the window moments earlier. "Bo! I'm so happy you're here!"

"John," she beamed.

She didn't notice the small changes he made around the gym. John made us carry the stairs to the ring so she could get in. There's now a sign in the bathroom demanding we put down the toilet seat. He also flooded the bathroom with air fresheners.

He started disinfecting the gloves and washing the towel we used for sweat. The gym didn't have a lingering body odor smell anymore. It was fresh, like linen. Everyone spent more time cleaning their stations with Lysol wipes than they did working out.

"Do you have a bathroom?" She asked John.

He pointed her in the direction. I watched everybody's eyes trail up her legs as she struts through the room in her plaid-green skirt. It was as if she embodied a Slytherin school girl from Hogwarts, and she's anything but cunning. Her little hand waved at a few people on her way.

"How about you keep your fucking eyes to yourself?" The moment I heard the bathroom door shut, I snapped. The men's wandering eyes shot to me, looking with terror and regret. "She's with me, and if I find out any of you give her a hard time, I'll snap your fucking neck. Understood?"