Sobriety With Her Got Me Higher Than Any Ounce Of Whiskey

Bo laid on the couch next to me, laughing at the t.v. I haven't seen the Harry Potter movies before. The first mistake I made was telling Bo that. She insisted on watching as many as we could until we fell asleep. We are on number two now. This is her way of staying up without thinking I would realize. But as she munches on her chicken tenders with a smile on her face and the dimples I have come to adore on display, I realized, I can't tell her to go to bed.

As the movie played in front of me, I failed to watch it. I haven't been able to take my eyes off of her since I realized she was more intriguing than any movie I've ever seen. Well, that and the events that occurred earlier wouldn't stop playing in my head. From the fear on her face to the way she panicked and how I found her when I came back kept replaying.

Was she getting sick, or was she shivering from how cold the shower water was? I refused to believe she would do that to herself, but I have hurt myself to take my mind off of the things that were troubling me, and suddenly, the idea wasn't impossible. I refused to believe the curly-haired girl that embodied happiness and light would hurt herself. I refused to believe it because I didn't want to see her in pain.

I was confused as to why she didn't tell me her dad went out of town, either. Was I wrong about Bo? Is she not as readable as I thought she was? How many chapters has she written but hasn't published for me to see? Every event is a cliff-hanger. I want to flip the page, but the remainder of the story is blank.

The girl I found at the top of her stairs with her teeth chattering wasn't the same girl sitting on the couch next to me, giggling at her favorite movie. She flipped through her emotions like she was a gymnast - she couldn't figure out which trick would wow the judges. So, she put everything on display.

What happened today puzzled me, and I can't put the fucking pieces together because some were missing. As I sit here, confused as ever, she sits over there with all the answers in her head. The best I could do was ask questions. She would answer me with the truth or a lie, and I could tell the difference between both.

I wondered who it was that scared her so badly. I sent Miles into the school to find out. He didn't find anyone. At school tomorrow, I'll wait to see who causes her body to go rigid and who doesn't. That is the only way I will be able to figure it out. And I will figure it out. Whoever it was had her fists balled, ready to hit me the second I grabbed her arm.

My eyes trailed over her face, discovering the way her ears move when she smiles and how her tongue rests behind her teeth when she laughs. Her mouth opened before her chicken came anywhere close to her lips. The ranch she soaked it in fell onto my yellow hoodie. She stared down at the material covering her body, frowning. She lifted it to her lips and sucked it off. My laughter caught her attention.

Her caramel-eyes widened. "What?"

"I can't get over how cute you are."

She quickly diverted her eyes. They found their way back to the screen, and everything outside of Hogwarts didn't matter anymore. It seemed like she needed a distraction. She found that through the trio of friends who did everything together, like fighting snakes. Very massive snakes.

Her little clap of excitement when Dumbledore's bird flew through the room, saving Harry Potter, warmed my heart, and butterflies soared in my stomach. My phone in my lap buzzed, and John was distracting me from watching the girl with a large smile on her face. He told me I had a fight coming up soon. He expected me at the gym as soon as school was over. My eyes fell on the time as I texted him back.

"It is midnight," I announced to Bo.

Her frowning eyes faced me. "Can we start one more? I'll go to bed after."