What Can I Say? I'm The Lebron James Of Beer-Pong

He shoved me into the siding of his house. "What were you thinking? We all have deep records!"

"Touch me again, and I'll cut your fucking hands off," I straighten out my jacket.

"It was a mistake for you to bring her."

I smack away the finger he shoves in my face. "Did you forget who you're talking to? If anyone should be worried about a cop's daughter being here, it should be me."

"If she rats -"

I grabbed his collar, slamming him against his house. "She doesn't know shit. So, I suggest you keep your fucking mouth shut."

"She shouldn't be here. You know it."

"Drop it," I snarl.

"Why are you hanging around Seth's kid anyway? After all the shit he's put you through -"

I flip out the knife from my pocket. "Continue that sentence, Trevor."

"Why do you care about Seth anyway?"

"It's not your story to tell."

Bo's laughter filled the air around us. The melody sent shivers down my spine. It reminded me to walk away from the situation, to find out what has her laughing. From the sound of it, she's telling jokes. She's the only person I've ever met who laughs at the question because she can't deliver the punch line.

"You like her, don't you?"

"No." Yes, I do. I'm just not going to fucking admit it out loud.

"A cop's daughter," he snorted. "Who would have guessed?"

"Fuck off," I throw my hand up, walking away.

"Girls like Bo don't stay single for long."

"She's mine."

A smirk grew on his lips. "That's what I thought."

I could hear him following me as I joined everyone at the campfire. Bo perked up at the sight of us walking back. She wasn't happy that we missed her jokes.

"I'm all ears, sunshine," Trevor spoke behind me.

"Everything okay?" Miles leaned towards me. "I saw what happened."

I nodded. "I'd take care of it if it wasn't."

Anderson puffed his cigarette, staring at Bo. "You went to a frat party?"

She bit into s'more. "Yeah, not for long."

"First time?"

"I went with my ex-boyfriend once."

"Why did you break up?"

Her head dropped. The treat she was chomping on fell from her lips as she let out a sigh. She tucked a curl behind her ear and clenched her legs. I sat up in my chair as she frowned at her thighs, but she looked up with a forced smile.

"It didn't work out," she shakes her head. "You know how it goes."

"Fair enough," he sits up.

She couldn't stop her fake smile from dropping. "Do you have a restroom I can use?"

When Trevor went to answer, I spoke first. "I'll take you."

I stood up, waiting for her to follow. Once she was by my side, I place my hand on her lower back. I guided her into the house. We didn't make it past the sliding glass doors before I pulled her aside.

"What was that about?"

She furrowed her brows. "What are you talking about?"

"Did your ex-boyfriend spike your drink?"