I'll Bust Your Teeth Out If You Think You're Going To Disrespect Her

When Monday morning rolled around, I found myself hearing the same thing in the halls - Sambucca girl. I was no longer Bo. No one would let me live down the events that unfolded on Friday night. Chrissy had videos of me dancing on the bartop in the frathouse's basement. I didn't know I could move that way.

A football player shot me a wink while I walked to my Criminal Justice class. I turned the other way the minute he started walking toward me. I picked up my pace when I heard him call my name, but my body collided with a broad chest.

Miles stared down at me, probably wondering why I was in such a hurry. Then the guy came around the corner, and the questioning look he had on his face left. I turned around, smiling at him because he wasn't going to make advances in front of Miles.

"You're lucky it was me and not Kinnick," he laughed. "Kinnick would have hit him without questioning it."

"My knight and shining armor."

"You said that at the party on Friday," he winked.

I rubbed my face. "What else happened that I need to know about?"

"Maybe you should ask Kinnick," he pointed to where the tattooed boxer stood.

"I'm going to scare him," I whisper. "Don't blow my cover."

I stood on my tippy-toes to assure Kinnick wouldn't hear the heels of my boots. My ankle rolled making me stumbled sideways. Miles snickered behind me, clearly enjoying my failure.

I whipped around with my finger against my lips to shush him. He ran his fingers across his lips, signaling that he zipped them shut and is throwing the key away.

One of the men talking to Kinnick peered around his shoulder. I rapidly shook my head back and forth. My hands waved around in the air, pleading with him not to tell his buddy. He turned his attention back to the fighter.

The second I reached for the tattooed boy, he turned around. "Ah!"

My body jumped. "I was supposed to scare you!"

"You suck at sneaking up on people," he smirks.

"Not true!" I glance at the bruise on his cheek. "If your buddy wouldn't have noticed me I would have got you."

"Not even."

"What happened to your cheek?"

"I got into a fight, no big deal."

"A fight?" I peer down at his bloodied hands. "It looks like you beat up a cheese-grater. Maybe you should get that looked at."

"It's scar tissue," he stared down at his knuckles. "They break open easily."

"What about the other guy?" I looked into his deep-sea eyes. "What does he look like?"

"Like he got his ass kicked."

I shoved his shoulder. "You're the worst."

"We've got class to attend," he turns to his friends. "We'll finish talking later."

"You were a little wild at the party on Friday," he focused his attention on me.

I stared at him with wide eyes. "Tell me you're joking."

"You got high," Miles nudged me.

"I would never -"

"You also got piss drunk and danced on the bar-top."

"Where were you?" I looked at Miles. "You're my best friend. You were supposed to save me from making bad decisions."

"You were having so much fun, I couldn't stop that." Miles teased. "I didn't know you knew how to dance."