Who Else Is Going To Make Me Horrible Blueberry Muffins And Send Me To Jail?

Sunday evenings were better spent with the dorkiest people I knew - Chrissy and Luke. They knew I needed to get my mind off of what happened last week. My head still couldn't wrap around it. That is why I stopped thinking about it altogether. I distracted myself with everything I could find. Books, my friends, and anything else I could get my hands on that helped me not think about last week.

"You look good in red," he spoke with a toothpick in between his teeth. "I would love to see you in my jersey."

"Maybe," I pop a fry in my mouth. "When you can beat another team by thirty points, I'll do it."

His eyes glistened, speaking to me from across the table - challenge accepted. He leaned back in his seat. I stared at his blue eyes, wondering why I no longer found them breathtaking. I looked at them and saw the sky. That used to mean something. But when I look into Kinnick's, I see the world - every ocean, swirling into an abyss of black.

Luke rubbed the stubble on his jaw, enjoying the way I looked at him. I could tell by the smirk on his lips. I rolled my eyes and tried paying better attention to Chrissy telling me about Tyler.

Chrissy considered this third-wheeling. Luke didn't belong here during our girl time. He thought it was the other way around. He asked me if this would have been a date if it were only us. I told him no despise everything I had a boyfriend. I would never date him even if I didn't. He knew that.

Buffalo Wild Wings was Chrissy and I's favorite place to go for dinner, lunch, and occasionally breakfast. Wings tasted good all of the time. We came here so often the staff knew our order and slowly started learning our names. Luke called it absurd. He thinks we need to find a different hangout spot.

Luke made failed attempts to get our waitress's number. She made it clear that while he flirted with me, she'd never give him her digits. He shrugged it off because getting Luke to stop flirting with me would be a cold day in hell. Both of those things would never happen.

Sound erupted from the entrance. A group of men stepped into the restaurant, laughing and high fiving. No one else mattered because I noticed Kinnick the second he appeared from the group, smacking his chest and congratulating him. His friends seated him at a table, treating him to a round of shots, served on a black tray. Now I could stop marking off my calendar for all of the days I haven't seen him.

"Pity party," Luke scoffs. "What the hell do they have to celebrate?"

My head swings in his direction. "What is your deal with him?"

"You're dating, and he hasn't tried talking to you once."

"I haven't made any attempts either."

"You have a hard-on for the guy," Chrissy sipped her water. "Don't act like you're sticking up for Bo."

"Something is off about him."

Kinnick stripped from his jean jacket, leaving him in a black hoodie. The black cap on his head covered his messy hair, but I've never seen someone look so good. The only thing bad about Kinnick is the way he makes me feel. I've never felt drawn to someone the way I did him.

"You could stop eye-fucking him," Luke suggests.

I furrow my brows. "Your jealousy is showing, Lucas."

"I don't know what you see in the piece of shit," his shoulders tugged upward. "He's a nobody."

"And what are you?" I push away from the booth.

I didn't plan on going to see Kinnick, but I needed to get away. The bathroom was the only place I could think of. Chrissy cussed Luke out behind me. She didn't join me on my short visitation to the toilet.