You Promise To Make Me Spaghetti At Least Once A Week?

I never thought I would be interrogated at McDonald's. Chrissy and Charlie wanted to know everything. Their interests lied with my relationship with Kinnick and what my dad thought about it. I don't know why they thought I was going to keep it from them. But hey, it got me forty chicken nuggets and a lot of ranch.

Chrissy slid me chicken nuggets on a napkin with every question I answered like I was a feral dog or something. It didn't bother me. The steady pace made it possible for me to finish off every last one.

They practically begged me to come out. Kinnick didn't want to let me out of bed, so John, Trevor, and Miles made it a point to keep him company. My tattooed fighter wasn't happy. He didn't want anyone else's company - he wanted mine. Before letting me walk out of the door, he made sure to kiss me a lot - and not because he wanted to, but he was trying to keep me with him for as long as possible.

Chrissy wasn't sure why my dad went through the trouble of fighting Kinnick. The only thing he earned was the satisfaction of hurting him. I gave him a reason to go after Kinnick by disobeying his rules. But as I sat there with my girls talking about everything, something still didn't make sense - I never found out the reason why a hatred between Kinnick and my dad had grown so strong.

"He wants the town to think he is capable of being Sheriff," Chrissy shrugged. "That would be the only logical explanation as to why he can't stand Kinnick."

"That's not it," I shake my head. "If that were the case, we wouldn't have a sheriff."

Charlie twirled her fingers. "We all know Kinnick. I mean, everybody knows Kinnick. He's not a city official, and yet he runs this town."

"Do any of you know what he did? My dad testified against him."

"There were articles in the paper," Charlie moved her head back and forth. "None of them said anything. It explained how Kinnick got arrested, and your dad was the one to put him away."

"When was that?"

Chrissy looked down at her phone. "Two years ago."

She slid her phone towards me. "Okay, what happened around that time that the news reported?"

"Well, his mom was beaten pretty badly by her boyfriend," Charlie frowned. "If your dad was right about him being arrested, then what are the chances he fought her boyfriend?"

"Do you know when he got kicked out?"

"Around the same time."

"Oh," I looked at the table. "But that would give Kinnick a reason to hate my dad. Not my dad a reason to hate Kinnick."

"That is true," Chrissy nodded. "Have you thought about asking him?"

"No," I shake my head. "What if I am overthinking it? They could just hate one another for no reason."

"I guess," Charlie added. "That is possible."

Chrissy agreed, and I left it at that. If it were something serious, I believed Kinnick would tell me. I wanted to believe he would tell me, but my dad jumped him, and he didn't say a word. I know it had to do with his pride. He didn't want to complain because he wanted it to seem like nothing bothered him. But I seriously wanted to think he would tell me. Yet, I sat there, wondering if it weren't that serious, then my dad wouldn't have jumped him in the alleyway.

"Should I move in with him?"

"Why wait?" Charlie shrugged. "Trevor is moving in with me."

"What if I move and things go downhill?"

"You always have a place at my house," Chrissy put her hand over the table to grab mine. "Kinnick loves you. I knew the second he saved you from Chandler and fought Luke that he would do anything for you."

"Yeah," Charlie agreed. "You guys are endgame. That boy could never get enough of you."

"Have y'all had sex yet?"

I gasped, looking at Chrissy. "No, we haven't."

"Then we are going to get some lingerie."

"Chrissy, he broke three ribs. We are not participating in any physical activity of any kind."

"Oh, come on," she rolled her eyes. "His ribs would be healed in two seconds if he saw you in a pair of nice lingerie."

"He already has."

"What?" They squealed. "Spill!"

"It is not that big of a deal," I blushed, letting my head fall into the arms I rested on the table.

"We are definitely going shopping. Get your ass in the car."

I laughed as they gripped my wrists and pulled me out of the fast-food establishment. They were keen on taking me to every store at the city mall five miles outside of town that had lingerie. I followed them inside, staying behind them as they threw countless sets at me. Luckily, Kinnick was calling, and I didn't have to listen to them talk about what positions we would have to try while he is hurt.

"What are you doing?"

I looked at the girls who were showing me a very holy bra. "Uh - nothing."

"Mhm," he hummed. "Are you safe?"

"Of course," I chuckled. "I'm shopping with the girls."

"Oh, good luck with that."

I smiled. "Are you doing okay?"

"They hated my attitude, so they all left."

I sucked in a deep breath. "You promised you were going to be nice."

"I know," he sighed. "They were getting on my nerves."

"What could they have possibly been doing that made you so mad?"

"Nothing," I could hear him smile. "They just aren't my girl."

"You are horrible."

"Girl do you think he would into tying you up? We found ropes and handcuffs?" Chrissy came around the corner with Charlie. They held fuzzy pink handcuffs and black ropes.

"Hey," I choked into the phone. "I need to go."

"Handcuffs and rope? Are you killing somebody?"

"Nope, I'm not planning on killing someone."

"We found condoms! How big is his -"

"Chrissy!" I covered my phone.

"Condoms? Is there something you are not telling me?"

"They are trying to embarrass me."

"Baby," his voice sent chills down my spine as he spoke lowly. "If you want me to tie you up, all you had to do was ask."

"Oh my god. I'm hanging up."

He laughed into the phone. "Be safe. I'll see you when you get home."

Home. Hearing him say that made me feel different. Something shifted, and suddenly it felt like we were already living together. I never imagine what it would be like to go back to my dad's place. I loved Kinnick, and I belonged with him.

"I think I'm going to move in with you."

I only heard silence. "Are you sure?"

"I can't imagine living anywhere else."

"On one condition."

"Excuse me?" I chuckled. "You asked me to move in."

"On one condition. You promise to make me spaghetti at least once a week."

"You've got it."

"I love you."

"I love you."

The girls stared at me with smiles growing on their faces. "You know what this means?"

"No," I shove my phone into my purse. "What does this mean?"

Charlie's eyes narrowed as a wicked smile grew on her face. "You are going to be having a lot of sex." 

"Ladies," a worker approached us. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Our customers are feeling a tad bit uncomfortable with you guys shopping here."