This Is Why You're Not Mayor Of Titty City

"It will be crazy. Are you sure we should go?"

"Why not?"

"The party is destined to be crashed."

"It's frat central, cops refuse to come down there unless there's a serious problem."

She reached over to turn the radio on. Her fingers scanned through several playlists until One Direction blasted through her speakers. I should sing along and enjoy the energy she's serving. But as she danced wildly, I sat in the passenger seat wondering why I said yes to coming. Disobeying my father should give me a thrill, some kind of adrenaline rush, but it didn't.

Two years ago, I vowed to myself that I would never go to another party, but here I am, on my way to one. If I would have listened to my dad, my life could have turned out differently. It didn't, though. I'm living one tragedy after another, just waiting for the next one to ruin me.

Chrissy shot concerning looks my way, and although I noticed, I ignored them. Would this party differ from the small gathering I was present at the night my mom died? If this was anything like school, but with alcohol, then I shouldn't worry. I'll be around more people than just my ex-boyfriend's friends.

At school, kids were idiots, but with alcohol kids would idiots times twelve. My eyes widened when I saw the cars scattered across the lawn, like a junkyard. I've never been to a frat party. What was I getting myself into? They spread bottles across the lawn, some crushed and broken. Are the neighbors not annoyed?

"So, my father won't find us?"

"He can find us, but it's very unlikely for the cops to be called."

The smell of alcohol and weed was thick in the sky. I felt nasty stepping up to the large house. Fraternities aren't clean, from what I hear and see. I could tell by the ripped curtains and trash bags piling on the porch. My body felt sticky once it transferred from the outdoors into the sweaty and humid home.

"This is disgusting," I scrunch my nose at the various smells that hit me all at once.

Girls were wearing dresses that could easily be an extra-large tank-top. Boys wore their alcohol on their naked torsos like a t-shirt. Some kind of mumble-rap blared through the speakers, making the window rattle and floors dance to the bass. As Chrissy pulled me through the house, we walked past a boy with his hand up a girl's dress. Her moans were being drowned out by the music and chants of, 'chug, chug, chug.'

"That's normal."

"No," I shook my head, laughing. "That is not normal."

"Want a drink?"

"If they have water."

"Straight from the tap," she grabbed a red-solo cup.

"My first drink at a party!" I giggled as Chrissy handed me a half-full cup.

"Boston Bennett, you showed up!" Tyler cheered, stepping into the kitchen before turning his attention to a grinning Chrissy. "Babe, I missed you."

"It's been an hour."

"An hour too long, I figured you weren't coming."

"Look who came," Luke walked in with bloodshot eyes.

"You were quite the show-off."

"I had to win my best friend back somehow," he wraps his arms around my waist.

I let him pull me into his chest, despite the lingering smell of alcohol, "I've missed you, Bo."

"Do you want to dance with me?"