two

the ride to the reservation was more relaxing than the plane ride. it was winter so the roads were quiet and empty so texas girl could relax.

emily sat in the back with octavia, busy explaining the family, "so obviously, there is seth and his sister leah.* then there's jacob black, and his father billy black. jacob is going through a lot recently so if he bothers you just ignore it. that's what we do"

"paul lahote, with the shortest temper known to man. you have to be really sweet to him, and food is the way to hit heart. jared, sweet boy, just wants to have fun."

"then there is quil ateara and embry call. they're both closest to jake and he's been going through it recently so they are too." she shrugged before going through the elders names.

of course octavia had met them before, but it had been a while and she wanted to give them her full respect as they were welcoming her into their home, despite only sharing half her genes with them.

"you'll be staying in the house with billy black and jacob. sorry, but we wanted you to have the biggest room. and the least interruptions."

"don't worry about it." octavia shrugged, "you'll only be next door."

emily nods and continues, "we completely changed the basement there for you. the bed was fixed up by paul and sam while seth and i put up pretty plants and stuff. we decided to leave your suitcases incase there was anything private."

octavia felt geniune love from emily and so she teared up immediately.

"don't cry! no, oh my god i'll cry." emily teared up also and seth looked at sam with a weird look.

"girls. don't understand them, don't want to." seth mumbled and sam high fived him.

-

at the reservation, sam helped his sister down to the basement, "billy's asleep and jacob is probably out with the cullens." he rolled his eyes, "if you need anything you can text me or call me, i'll be there in a heartbeat."

"thanks big bro." octavia hugged her brother tightly, her head resting on his chest.

"goodnight lil sis." he messed her hair before leaving, locking the house door behind him.

octavia grinned at him before closing her door. she stretched and looked around her room, loving it. a picture of her and sam sat on the desk and octavia smiled. it was her favourite picture.

the houston born girl was too excited to meet everybody so she decided to unpack now, to calm herself. she connected her phone to the wifi and starting playing her music, humming along to it as she unpacked.

she grabbed her own photo frames, unwapping them carefully and placing them upon different shelves of her room.

"i should probably call my mom." she whispered herself, "tomorrow, it's too late." she sent a text to her mother saying that she had arrived and that she was safe and happy.

octavia looked at her suitcases and sighed, this was gonna be a long job. she opened the one that was filled with her shoes and began unpacking, putting her shoes in the shoe cupboard before tackling her clothes.

within an hour and a half, octavia had finished. it was quicker than she expected but it had taken more sweat than she thought. she grabbed her towel and toiletries, fixing up her own private bathroom before switching on the shower and hopping in.

it took the girl about 5 minutes to work the shower but when she finally did, she relaxed under the warm water. she washed her hair, then herself before stepping out in her towel, brushing her teeth.

she dressed into some tracksuit bottoms and a crop top, drying her hair thoroughly. she turned off the light and grabbed her phone and slid into her bed. she texted her friend in their groupchat immeditely.

it was 2am for her so it was definitely late for her texan friends so she didn't expect a reply.

-

* in my story, leah and sam have never dated. leah is more angry at the fact she's a shapeshifter and how her father passed.