twelve

when octavia woke up, she was in her room it was around 7pm. she slept for around 4 hours and she was pretty groggy. she yawned as she got up, grabbing her phone and a book to read. she planned to read in the yard where everyone was playing around in after a long day of working but she heard music coming from the garage so she decided to check it out.

in there was jacob, fixing up a car. octavia smiled and silently sat down and began to read. jacob didn't notice her come in, so he began dancing. he wasn't the best dancer. she could only hold in her giggles for so long that she ended up laughing. jacob jumped and put a hand on his chest.

"you scared me!" he exclaimed.

octavia tried her hardest to stop laughing, "your moves would put michael jackson to shame!" she finally said in between her laughs.

jacob smirked, deciding to get his revenge. he rushed to her than began tickling her. she erupted with giggles and squeals begging him to stop. he slowed down the tickles, laughing with her. for some reason when jacob was with octavia, he felt like he was in heaven already. he did not think about bella, or edward or anything but lived in the moment with the girl.

when she calm down she panted heavily, the tickling had taken up all of her energy. jacob smiled lovingly at her. neither of them realised how close their faces were until he could hear her heart pacing fast. his eyes flickered from her lips to her eyes and he inched closer.

"what are you doing?" she asked, sounding confused. of course she wanted to kiss him, it felt right in that moment but she knew he was in love with bella and she knew she deserved more than to be his rebound. until jacob had gotten over bella, octavia didn't want to engage in a relationship. she backed away slightly and jacob flushed red.

"nothing ava, nothing." he replied. he sat up and dusted off his clothes.

octavia changed the subject immediately, "whose car is that?" she asked, getting up to it. she had not a single clue about cars, but she did like how it looked. it was black with tinted windows and the hood was open. octavia assumed jacob was fixing up the engine.

"yours, actually." he followed her, "do you like it? i'm fixing up the engine and i need to get new tires and new seats."

octavia was shocked that jacob was really fixing up a car for her, "mine?" she repeated. she walked it around it then smiled happily, "mine."

he laughed, "yours. it's an acura. 2005 model, it's pretty cute."

"oh it is!" she was so happy that she jumped up and hugged him tightly. jacob grinned and hugged her back, he held her in his arms and as always ran his fingers through her long her. their hug was interrupted by none other than bella. she awkwardly coughed and the two sprung apart like repelling magnets.

"oh hey bella, i'll grab your stuff now." jacob stuttered and ran off. octavia's face was a deep red and she pretended to be occupied.

bella walked up to her and decided to same something, "so. is it true that your father was a deadbeat?"

this caught octavia completely off guard, "sorry?" she must've heard wrong. there's no way bella would be this mean to her, they barely even knew each other.

"was your father a deadbeat?" she repeated, "are you and sam really siblings? you don't really look alike. did your mother just sleep with any man any chance she got?" bella raised an eyebrow, "stay away from jacob. stop talking to him, stop making him fall for you. and why don't you just go back to where ever you came from."

octavia stammered, at a lost for words. tears formed quickly in her eyes. nobody has ever been this mean to her. she didn't want bella to see her cry so she grabbed her stuff and rushed out the room. she bumped into jacob on the yard, her head looking down and he frowned.

"is everything okay?" he asked gently, he could tell she wasn't happy. octavia said nothing, trying to get past so he put his hands on her shoulder causing her to look up. tears slipped out of her eyes and she furiously wiped them off.

"what happened?" he asked again.

"just fuck off jacob." she cursed, gathering the strength to push past him. he was about to run after her but sam, who had been watching the altercation take place with paul, interrupted him.

"leave her alone." he said, his voice asserting dominance.

"but sam,"

"no jacob. leave her alone." sam repeated. jacob could not disobey his alpha so he left it.