thirty five

it was less than a week to the wedding and octavia still had not seen jacob. nobody spoke about him, they still believed she thought that jacob was missing.

leah managed to sneak some information from seth and she told octavia that jacob was staying at the cullens residence. octavia didn't think she was welcome so she wrote a letter to jacob and planned to drop it off with leah after returning from the nail salon.

in the letter she wrote about how she was happy he was home, even if they couldn't see each other yet. she also spoke about how she wishes that he could be her date at emily and sam's wedding and that she hopes they could dance together, even for just one song.

she searched through her drawers for her perfume that jacob loved and sprayed it on the letter so it smelt like her. she put on some red lipstick and kissed where she signed her name so it left an mark. she drew hearts around it, decorating it prettily.

proud with her work, she put the letter in an envelope and sealed it with wax. she wrote jacob's name in her cute neat handwriting and tied it with a ribbon.

she dressed nicely, in hopes that she would see jacob from the window. she wore a pink shirt with a black tenis skirt. she recently got extensions in so she tied her hair up in a high pony, wrapping it with a pretty ribbon.

she looked at herself in the mirror, proud with her outfit and took a few mirror selfies. leah joined in on the fun, she was wearing black skinny jeans with a white top. the two posed together until they decided it was time to leave.

-

jacob paced around the cullen's home. he was used to walking human and had finally gotten to eating again. this meant it was only a few more days until he could see octavia.

in the cullen house the people who currently lived there were esme and carlisle, who treated jacob as their own. jasper and alice, who both grew to be great friends with jacob.

rosalie and jacob had a bit of a rocky relationship, at times they were able to banter together and at other times they did not speak. he was quite close with emmett though, coming to learn that they were quite similar. jacob was grateful for that.

emmett explained to jacob that bella still had not become vampire. she had to save edward from commiting suicide in italy after the fight against the newborns which rekindled their relationship.

jacob didn't feel any type of jealousy when emmett would mention bella and edward. he was happy as he believed it meant the timing for him and ava was right.

he often confided in emmett about ava. he spoke about how he hurt her and that he hates himself for it. he also told him about the letter and what she wrote.

"i don't think she hates you." emmett spoke as they played a game, "i think she has forgiven you and she wants to get together with you again."

"seriously?" jacob was flabbergasted.

"yeah. seriously. in the letter she seems pretty sincere. plus she came back from texas even after everything happened so i definitely think she likes you."

jacob didn't say anything. he faced the tv and blushed, ava likes him.

-
after leah and octavia got their nails done, they went out for lunch. as they ate, octavia sparked up a conversation.

"do you think he likes me still?" she looked up at leah, worried.

leah scoffed, "of course he does, don't be silly. there's no way he would come back if he didn't like you."

octavia nodded, smiling. she felt a little less nervous thanks to leah. "enough about me," leah looked confused, "who is your date to the wedding?"

leah blushed immediately. she took a long sip of her water and pretended she didn't hear octavia's question.

"come on! i tell you everything, so tell me. does this person have a name?"

"she does."

"okay, what's her name?" octavia had a cheeky grin.

"mariposa. she's this girl i met one day and we got to talking." leah got all shy when octavia squealed.

"does she know-"

leah nodded. "her family hold a similar gene." octavia smiled, "so she knows." the two ate in silence for a while, happy that they both had someone special in their lives.

on the ride home, the two drove to the cullen's house. octavia was shitting herself. she had never been this nervous in her life before.

"want me to drop off the letter for you?" leah asked. she felt like octavia was going to pass out any time soon.

"no i got this." she smiled nervously and got out the car. she fixed her outfit and retied her hair. she strutted up to the front door and rang the door bell.

"hello?"