seventeen right here

the two spent a few hours in the pool, having fun. octavia got jacob to time her laps so she could compare them to her last record. she explained to him how her dad used to take her swimming before he left so she begun swimming competitively to remember the memories.

jacob was in complete awe. he could not believe he had imprinted on a girl with many talents, beautify and personality. once they had gotten out of the pool, they dried off in their separate changing rooms and put on their normal clothes again. octavia finished first and made her way to where the hair dryers were located.

jacob met her there, sitting on the table and just silently watching her dry her hair. she blushed and didn't make eye contact with him, "did you have fun today?" she asked him. she had never let anyone other than her team and father swim with her so she was incredibly nervous, thinking that he did not have fun.

"it was great." he smiled. jacob had an amazing day, truly. he has never had this much fun with a girl before, not even with bella! he wanted to spend all day with ava, never wanting their activities to end. octavia grabbed her phone, taking funny mirror seflies with jacob. she too did not want to end their day.

"we're gonna have lunch out today." he smiled as they walked to his bike.

octavia put on the heavy helmet, this time holding onto jacob so she didn't fall. once she got on the motorcycle, she wrapped her arms around his waist again. this time opening her eyes for the full ride. they arrived at a cute diner in town, jacob explained that it was his favourite in forks and that he visits often, usually alone.

"what would you like?" the male waiter asked octavia with a flirtatious smile. octavia did not return a smile and instead mumbled that she wanted steak and fries with a chocolate milkshake.

neither jacob or octavia were sure if they were on a date but even if they weren't, she would not show any interest to the man. he looked and smelt weird. jacob's heart warmed slightly and he ordered the same. the waiter said the basic waiter stuff before leaving.

"is this a date?" she asked randomly and jacob flushed red. he wasn't expecting her to ask.

"do you want it to be a date?"

"do you?" she replied with a small smirk. he laughed quietly and thought for a second.

"i do actually."

"well so do i." her cheeks turned red and she moved her hair from her face. he smiled at her fondly and nodded.

"so it's a date." he replied smoothly. octavia could not believe this was really happening.

-

after their diner, the two drove home. octavia dressed in more comfortable clothes and went to find jacob, who was chilling with bella in his garage. she didn't say anything and instead opened her book, sitting in the corner of her room reading.

i know what you're thinking reader. why would octavia allow jacob to hang out with a girl he is still in love with if he had imprinted on her? well octavia did not want to look like the crazy new girlfriend. she understood that jacob knew bella way before she came into the picture and she thought it was fair that jacob had relationships with other girls.

so she did not object. even when bella inched closer to him. even when bella threw her arm over him. even when bella called him hot. even when jacob blushed. she did nothing but mind her business.