eight

jacob hadn't noticed that octavia fell asleep. when the movie ended, he laughed at her quietly and picked her up gently. he walked to the car and placed her in the back seat, making sure she was comfortable before driving home.

it took them longer to drive home as he made sure to take all the roads that were easy to drive on, not wanting to wake up octavia. when he arrived home, sam was sitting at the entrance to the reservation, in his wolf form. he noticed jacob's car entering so he phased back.

"where the hell did you go?" he hissed once jacob got out the car with octavia holding onto him, still asleep, "and what happened to my sister?"

"relax, relax." jacob rolled his eyes, "we went to the movies and she fell asleep." sam frowned, "honest to god."

sam sighed and let jacob pass through. he carried octavia to her bedroom and lay her down on her bed. he looked at her before tying her hair in a ponytail to keep out of her face. he put her phone in the charger then looked at himself in the mirror.

"maybe i should cut my hair." he hummed. jacob looked back at octavia and left her room , switching the light off. when he got to his room, he grabbed a pair of scissors and started to cut his hair. he normally did haircuts for the boys on the reservation so it wasn't hard.

when he was done he looked at himself in the mirror and smirked. he looked good.

-

the next morning, octavia woke up at around 11am. everyone else had already woken up and were relaxing in the yard. it was saturday, so nobody had school. once she had cleaned herself up, she went to the kitchen and made herself a bagel before picking up her tutor bag and heading to the yard.

she greeted everyone politely before sitting at the bench table that sam had made. she sat there alone and begun marking work that paul had done for her. sam looked at his sister who was marking and sat beside her, "are you sure this isn't a burden to you?" he asked, concerned.

"sam i love this." she giggled, smiling at him, "i love teaching and i love marking. i'm serious a giant nerd." he shook his head in disbelief.

"you and i are so different. i would hate to tutor these lot, especially paul."

"heard that!" paul yelled from his seat.

"anyways, we're heading to la push beach. in like an hour, then we're having a council meeting tonight." sam said, "it's sort of an unexpected hot day so we're gonna take advantage of it. afterwards in the council meeting where you and bella will hear our story for the first time. it'll be a memorable night." he got up and octavia smiled.

"sounds fun."

truthfully, she was not ready to see bella again. after speaking to jacob yesterday, she strongly disliked bella. it wasn't her place to tell bella to fuck off so there was nothing for the southern belle to do but ignore with her presence.

jacob came, sitting beside the girl who didn't even look at him, "what do you want jacob?" she asked, "kinda busy."

he shook her arm gently, "i was thinking about what you said yesterday ava." her heart skipped a beat, "about my hair. so guess what i did?" she put the green pen down then looked at jacob, gasping.

"no way!"

"yes way!" he laughed, replicating her excited tone.

"you look so much better." she squealed, quickly running her hands through his hair, fixing it up for him, "i told you! didn't i?" she marvelled, her cheeks turning red and her grin never leaving her face. jacob found it cute.

he smiled, "it definitely feels a lot better." she shook her head, giggling before continuing marking. jacob stared at her sweetly before getting up to go and ring bella.

-

"maybe they'll say she was in a car crash, or she tripped off a cliff. at least i'll get one thing out of it." at the beach, jacob sat sulking. bella was supposed to come, but apparently she bailed on him.

sam heard this and turned to jacob, "no you won't. the cullen's are not a danger to the town or the tribe."

"he's gonna kill her or change her! the treaty says-"

"no jacob, i say. i say what goes. now drop it." sam got up, and began playing football with his sister and fiancé.

embry sympathised with jacob, "if you wanted things different,"

"i should've became alpha." jacob groaned, at the time turning down the alpha position seemed to be the best decision.

seth joined in the conversation, "you really think killing bella is the right idea if she turns?"

leah scoffed, "he'll make one of us do it and then hold a grudge against us." jacob rolled his eyes, he knew she was right. jacob mumbled some snide comment and got up, joining octavia who was doing tricks with her football.'

"hey jaccb, wanna join me?" she asked, "the two love birds decided to take a romantic walk down the pier." she giggled, kicking the football to jacob.

"course ava."

-

i know im mixing all the movies in together LMAO but it fits the plot so i like it sorryyyyyyy