thirty

octavia looked over at her desk. she had left the pictures of her and jacob in forks because she couldn't bare to see his face. she was still angry at him then.

all she thought about was jacob this, jacob that. how was jacob? does he know she had returned? did he care? how was his last few months? why did he not reply to her messages?

when her and leah was getting ready for bed, she finally got the courage to ask her, "how is jacob?"

leah looked at octavia confused, "what?"

"jacob? jacob black?" she was confused, "how is he? i haven't seen him today at all."

"octavia, are you seriously asking me that?" leah seemed quite shocked.

"yes? leah what are you talking about?" she did not understand what was going on.

"octavia you weren't the only person who left. we haven't seen from jacob at all since you left. he ran off and never came back."

octavia did not know what to say. how could jacob be gone for so long? is this why he never responded to her texts? what the fuck.

"you can't even hear him in your little mind sharing thing?" she asked, still in incredible shock.

leah shook her head, "paul heard him once. embry and quil hear him more often. sam hears him the most so he definitely hasn't left the pack. but he says he doesn't want to return."

"oh."

"don't be upset." the two got into bed, "i'm sure once he hears that you've returned he's gonna come back. sam says he always talks about you. the first thing he asks is you and they say he seems happy and at peace when he hears you."

"thanks leah."

"goodnight." they smiled at each other before leah drifted off to sleep.

octavia waited about twenty minutes, making sure leah was asleep before getting up and walking to jacob's room. she took a deep breath and nervously opened the door.

she sat on his bed and smiled sadly. the room still smelt like him. she ruffled through his wardrobe, trying to find the one hoodie that she used to wear all the time. she grinned she found it and pulled it.

when she got it out of the closet and smiled. she was about to pull it on but a bunch of letters fell from it. she frowned, pulled the hoodie on then sat comfortably on his bed.

all the letters were addressed to 'my ava.' there were fifteen letters, all addressed to her with numbers written on them from 1-15. she put letters 2-15 aside and opened the first one.

"to my ava,

i am not gonna lie to you ava, but finding out i had imprinted on someone was the scariest thing i've ever been through. the flashforward of the both of us on the beach together almost made me cry and i wish you could see it.

i researched imprinting today and because even though i did imprint on you i still don't feel the connection that sam says he feels with emily.

so i decided to document us in these letters, they're dated with numbers so you'll know which to read first whenever i give these to you.

can't wait to see what the future holds for us,

your jacob."

once she finished reading the first letter, she burst into tears. she had no idea jacob was writing these and she felt sad that he never got to tell her and that she found it without him knowing.

she sniffed and she put the letters away, got into jacob's bed and cuddled his pillow. she loved how his room smelt like him and if this was the closest she could get to him right now then this is where she was going to be.