eleven

in the morning, octavia showered. she dried her hair and got changed into shorts and a shirt, if she was going to be cooking all day then she deserved to be comfortable. as she changed, she thought about what meals her and emily were planning to cook.

when she entered emily's kitchen, she washed her hands and put on an apron and a hairnet. her and emily were determined to make the meals top quality. the pack deserved it.

"so for lunch, lasanga with garlic bread." octavia wrote down the meals on the chalkboard hanging up.

emily nodded, "dessert is apple pies." octavia agreed, scribbling it down, "i prepared the apple pies this morning. i'll start preparing the lasagne. you do the garlic bread and when you leave the dough help me out. we'll do the apple pies together."

"what about snacks?"

emily pointed to the fruit pile and a bunch of their favourite chocolates and snacks. octavia smiled widely.

"let's do this!" they high fived and hip bumped each other for starting with their meals.

-

it was around 2pm when the final apple pie had cooled down. the two loaded the food into the two mini vans on the reservation, yes two. there was so much food that it needed to cars to fill it all.

they rushed back into their separate houses and got dressed before getting in their respective cars and driving to where the cullens and the pack where practising.

"give us one second." octavia called out, she tried to pull the long foldable table from the car but failed. it had already been a struggle transporting it, folding it and putting it in the car.

jacob, who was talking to bella, saw octavia struggle. he cut bella off midsentence and jogged over to octavia, "need help ava?"

"no thanks jacob i got this." she was determined. she struggled for a few seconds and jacob held back his laugh. she rolled her eyes and moved out the way.

"okay muscle man, you do it." her eyes flickered from his abs to his face and she blushed, folding her arms and trying to make herself seem unbothered.

within seconds the table was out and unfolded, "thanks." she smiled and jacob winked. she blushed again and started loading the food onto the table with help from emily.

all the food were in a small reusable box. they all had a string and a name hooked on it next to the drink. beside it was their desert and at the end of the table was the snacks and additional drinks.

once everyone got their food and began eating octavia did he stretches. back in texas she was on the swim team so she had to stay very athletic.

sam looked at her and walked over, "hey sis."

"hey sam." she smiled at him and hugged him. "liking the food?"

"loving it. you and emily are such great cooks." he joined her in stretching.

"what's imprinting?" she asked curiously.

"who told you about that?" he looked at her funny.

"i heard paul talking about it."

sam nodded, "imprinting on someone is like when you see her, everything changes. all of a sudden it's not gravity holding you the planet, it's them. nothing else matters. you would do anything, be anything for them." he explained and octavia listened. as he said this, he lovingly stared at emily who caught his eye midconversation with embry. she blushed before turning away.

"did you imprint?" she asked, following his eyes to emily.

"of course." jacob joined their conversation, "and cause we can hear his thoughts when he phases, i consider it a whole lot of bull."

sam was too in love to say anything so he rolled his eyes and walked to his wife, sitting beside her and comfortably holding her hand.

"i'm guessing you haven't imprinted yet?" octavia giggled and gestured him to run with her. she had missed a lot of her daily runs and needed to get her time back in

he followed, "nope." there was an uncomfortable silence as they jogged together. octavia stayed quiet and jacob blinked.

"sorry." she whispered.

"don't be." they jogged in silence for another twenty minutes before returning to the pack. some of the pack were asleep on the floor. after stretching, the two sat on the floor. octavia yawned, cooking all day really made her tired and worn out.

jacob smiled when she rested her head on his shoulder, getting comfortable. he loved it when she did that. he gently ran his fingers through her hair, helping her fall asleep. once she did, he picked her up and comfortably laid her down in the car she drove.

emily and octavia had plans to stay and watch them prepare to fight, but both the girls had fallen asleep. it must've been hard cooking for them.

bella was sitting at the other side of the field. she had edward's head in his lap as he rested. she stared at jacob and octavia angrily, and jasper felt this.

to be truthful, jasper did not like bella either. not only was it hard to resist when she was around but she always acted phony and whiny which annoyed him as he could feel her emotions.

no matter how many times he tries to tell edward, edward ignores it. even though edward knows it's true he does not want to admit it because it means he'll have to lose bella. something that had already happened and it drove him to suicide .

jasper was aware of this so he stopped bringing it up. this didn't stop rosalie from glaring at bella, making snide comments or down right ignoring her. jasper does possess the power to change her mind and emotions, but he never did.

edward hated that.