thirty four

some of the newer boys left to hang out. they didn't know jacob on a personal level so they didn't understand why everyone missed him like this.

jacob, who was getting used to walking normally, made his way to his bedroom. he requested a few minutes alone to get used to being a human so the others waited for him in sam's living room.

he smiled at his bed. this was definitely one of the bigger things that he missed. he lay down comfortably, his head face down on the pillow. he sniffed it and felt something was off.

it smelt like ava. he sat up. so they were telling the truth? when does he get to see her? is she home right now? does she really forgive him?

he put his hand on the pillow and heard a paper-like noise. he frowned and picked up the pillow. under it he found the letter ava had written for him. tears flushed his eyes and he was about to open it to read but there was a knock at his door. he hid it quickly.

it was carlisle cullen.

"hey jake," the doctor stepped in. the vampire stench got to jacob and he held his head, getting dizzy.

"hi." he mumbled, confused on why the doctor was here.

"sam called me." carlisle spoke softly. jacob always found him as the least threatening cullen. "when he stayed in his wolf form for a while, i nursed him back to health. when i heard their plans to bring you home i offered to let you stay at mine while i help you."

jacob squinted. he was grateful that carlisle was going to help him, truely. but he wanted to see ava. he didn't care how, he needed to see her face to face.

"i know you want to see her. but you have to prove you can keep yourself under control." sam spoke. jacob didn't even realise he came into the room. "if you can't control yourself you will not be able to see her. trust me."

"can i just have a few minutes to pack my stuff?" jacob asked. he was willing to relearn things if it meant he could be with ava again. carlisle and sam nodded and left the room.

jacob got up and closed the door. he looked around the room and found a piece of card paper and a pencil. he struggled with writing, his hands not used to working. he stuck his tongue out in concentration and drew a sloppy love  heart and ava's name in his bad handwriting. he put it in his wardrobe and begun packing clothes.

"can't wait to see you ava." he whispered, taking the letter she wrote him and his stuff. time to relearn human things.

-

it had been a day since jacob had returned. the girls were already back from their trip and were resting up. their spa session was so relaxing that they were tempted to stay another day.

nobody told octavia that jacob was back. the pack were purposely avoiding leah too, they knew if she was told of his situation she would tell octavia immediately.

a week passed and octavia noticed every time she tried to go back into jacob's room, it would be locked. this annoyed her because someone had washed the hoodie she took from jacob which meant it lost his smell.

"octavia, i don't know what you're talking about." sam acted clueless, "it's always been locked."

"no i swear i went in there." she frowned. she wasn't stupid she knew sam was lying to her.

"it was locked." he repeated. she decided to drop it. he was already stressed about the wedding which was only in a few days.

one night she got up and decided enough was enough. she had to break into that room. she grabbed a bobby pin and crept up her basement stairs to jacob's room.

she exhaled and inhaled before attempting to unlock it. she was unsuccessful with her first few attempts. she was resilient though and tried one more time.

it opened. she grinned cheekily and opened the door, happy that it was open. she spun around and sat on the bed. she looked at all the drawers and cupboards and realised they were all empty.

she frowned and opened his wardrobe and found a letter. tears filled her eyes and she smiled sadly when she saw the heart and her name messily scribbled.

jacob was home.