twenty five

leah automatically dropped her game and pulled octavia in for a hug. the long haired girl cried in her arms. leah didn't even need to ask her about what happened, she could put two and two together. it was obviously jacob's doing.

"you want to talk about it?" leah asked quietly, she closed her room door and the two sat on her couch.

octavia nodded, "i went to get new cloths and water for carlisle and jacob and when i was there, creepy edward was just sitting in the corner." that was their nickname for him, "he scared me so i dropped the glass of water out of fright. we cleaned it up, and then. and then." she felt like she was going to cry again.

leah sympathetically rubbed her back, "it's gonna be okay octavia," she repeated until octavia composed herself.

she continued, "then he asked if i knew what happened between bella and jacob. i thought i did, i thought jacob found out she was marrying edward. but, but he told me that wasn't the whole story." she looked down, embarrassed, "they kissed."

"no way." leah's jaw dropped. she in shocked.

this caused octavia to burst into tears again. if leah was this shocked, how was octavia supposed to feel. leah immediately apologised, she didn't mean to react like that.

"it's fine." she sniffed, wiping her eyes harshly. they were puffy and red but octavia had gotten used to that, "i kissed him." she whispered, "i thought he really liked me but he only wanted me because bella wanted him, i feel like shit."

leah felt herself getting angry at jacob, how could he do what bella did to him to octavia? he was an asshole. she calmed herself down, not wanting to phase and potentially hurt octavia physically. she was about to speak but there was a knock at the door.

"leah? is ava in there?" it was jacob. octavia shook her head no, she didn't want him to see her.

so leah did what any good friend would do, she lied. "no, she told me she had errands to do and she called a taxi." it seemed to work because they both heard footsteps retreating, "he's gonna kill me." leah giggled.

"not if we kill him first." octavia smiled back.

the two very close girls spent the whole day together. they both loved relaxing  together because they both understood each other so well. whenever they hung out, they did couple things together just for the fun of it. like cuddle, compliment each other randomly and give each other cheek kisses. octavia was glad that leah was on the reservation, she knew she had a friend for life.

"that was the saddest movie ever!" leah was crying. they had just finished watching the titanic and eating heaps of pizza. octavia laughed and sat up, wiping leah's tears and holding her face.

"leonardo is seriously one of the hottest people ever." octavia smiled, fixing leah's hair.

"why did he have to die?" leah cried, the other girl laughed loudly.

"he's still alive in real life!"

"you know what i mean." leah mumbled. octavia nodded and the two sat in silence. they both stared at each other and felt comforted.

their silence was interrupted. by none other than an upset jacob.