thirty eight

that night, octavia slept in jacob's room. well she didn't sleep. she couldn't. she would close her eyes and try to sleep, fail and get up back on her phone.

she decided to stay up for a little longer. the universe must be telling her to stay awake. so she grabbed her phone and started watching random youtube videos.

by the time it hit 12am she had gotten quite sleepy so she shoved her phone under her bed, trying to sleep. she was almost asleep when she heard a tapping noise.

she opened her eyes wide open in fear. it was coming from the window. she decided to ignore it, if she didn't see it then it wasn't happening. it was bound to stop.

it did not stop. for the next five minutes, pebbles were thrown at her window. she finally had enough as the sound was getting annoying. she got up and grabbed the bat that lay under jacob's bed and inched towards the window.

she took a deep breath and psyched herself up, "you got this." she whispered and pulled open the window. she gasped, to her surprise, it was jacob.

she dropped the bat and looked down at him. she was speechless again. jacob had that kind of effect on her.

"ava move out of the way." he whispered and she barely heard him. she stood by the bed and he practically ran up the wall and jumped into the bedroom.

"hi." she blushed. damn it. she had so much things she wanted to talk to him about but he took her breath and train of thought away. he left her blushing like a fool.

"come here beautiful." he opened his arms. she grinned and ran up to him, wrapping both her arms and legs around him. she placed her face in his shoulder and played with the back of his hair.

he chuckled quietly and sat down on his bed. he expected her to let go of him but she did not. octavia craved his touch since the day she left and she did not want to let go of him.

jacob rubbed her back slowly, just enjoying the moment. he missed her so much that he did not care what they did. he just wanted to be with ava.

octavia on the other hand, was in tears. "i keep crying." she whispered, pulling away from him so she didn't get his shirt wet and to dry her eyes.

"ava," he hummed and held her face by her cheeks. she smiled widely, tears still streaming down her face. he pulled her close and left sloppy kisses over her face.

"i missed you so much jacob." she whispered, "i was going crazy without you." she wiped her eyes once more then lay in his chest.

"i miss you too. and i'm sorr-"

"don't be."

"ava i have too." he moved so they were facing each other, "i am so sorry for everything i did to you. i'm sorry i was such an asshole and that i played with you like that. and if you want to hit me i totally get it and i'll let you."

she giggled, "i don't want to hit you, don't be silly." she ran her hands through his hair. it was chin length now, "i do want you to get a hair cut though." she ran her fingers over the stubble on his chin, "and get rid of that."

he laughed quietly, "anything for you." the two enjoyed each others prescences for a while. they did nothing but hold onto each other like they would never see each other again.

"so what did you think?" she asked.

"of?"

"my idea to start again." she whispered, making direct eye contact with him.

"i think it was a wonderful idea." he whispered back, "and that i'm glad to know someone as smart as you."

she blushed, "it wasn't that difficult to think of."

"you're still super smart." he closed his eyes, thinking then smiled and looked at her.

she sat up, fixing herself and holding her hand out, "hi i'm octavia."

"that's a mouthful." he laughed, she blushed, remembering their first conversation, "i'm gonna call you ava."

"and you are?"

"jacob but everyone calls me jake."

"why? jacob is already short enough, there is no need for a nickname. and it's octavia, or don't adress me at all." they both laughed, keeping it quiet so jacob's dad didn't wake up.

jacob pulled her back onto his lap and he leaned in. octavia thought he was going to kiss her lips so she prepared herself quickly but instead he turned and kissed the side of her jaw. she jokingly pushed him away and he laughed, "thought we had started again ava?"

"i'm gonna kill you jacob." she whined childishly. she had not kissed jacob in forever and this was the thing she was most excited to do again.

"i'm kidding princess." he kept laughing at her.

"jacob."

"ava."

"shut up." she whispered and took the reins by kissing him passionately. octavia felt like she had left her body and that she was floating in the universe. she pulled him closer, not wanting this moment of euphoria to end.

jacob felt a rush everytime they kissed. their lips were not strangers and they moved against each other in harmony. to him, kissing ava felt like touching the stars with his head in the clouds.

she was the first to pull her. her heart was racing like crazy. she licked her bottom lip then giggled in embarrassment. they both panted and lay down. octavia grabbed his hand and held it tightly.

"am i allowed to see what you're wearing at the wedding?" jacob asked. he knew she was going to look amazing, as she always did.

"nope!" she grinned cheekily. there was no way she was going to let him see it, no chance in hell. "the only way you get it is when you are coming to the wedding."

he pouted, "even if i kiss you?"

she nodded, "even if you kiss me, you only get to see it at the wedding. but i do want another kiss though."

"at the wedding." he used her words against her and she jokingly groaned.

the two spoke all night. it wasn't until about 3am when ava yawned that jacob realised she needed the sleep. he got up, getting ready to go.

"i'll see you as soon as i can, okay?" he was about to leave through the window.

"jacob no," she sat on her knees, her eyes full with tears. childish, she knew, but she did not want him to go. there's no way she was falling asleep wfter this.

the last few hours with jacob were the best hours of her life. she had never laughed or smiled like that before and she was sad that it was ending so soon.

"ava you know i have to go." it broke his heart seeing her upset. he did not want to go either and was close to breaking into tears himself but he had to be the stronger on.

"can't you at least wait until i fall asleep?" she asked desperately, "i'm not going to be able to sleep if you leave right now."

jacob thought for a second. he closed the window and climbed back into bed with her. he fixed the duvet over her and kissed her softly, "night ava."

"goodnight jacob."