thirty nine

octavia tried her hardest not to fall asleep. she would try and start random conversations in hopes that jacob would engage in it and thus stay with her a little longer.

"how does it feel being back in your human self? do you prefer your human body or your wolf form?" she asked him. this was a question she had in her mind for a while but never had the chance to ask.

jacob turned his head and faced her, he pushed her hair out of her face and as a reaction she blushed. he softly kissed her forehead, making a trail down to her nose before finally kissing her lips, "goodnight ava."

"goodnight jacob." she was defeated. she yawned and got comfortable in his arms and closed her eyes. within minutes, she had fallen asleep.

even though she had fallen asleep, jacob stayed with her. he stared at her while she slept and admired her natural beauty. after a while, he got up and decided it was time to leave.

he thought for a second and then took his shirt off. he put it beside octavia and pulled another shirt from his own closet. he wrote a note on a piece of paper, 'leave your window open tomorrow if you want me to come back. i'll come back at like 9pm.' he drew a love heart and addressed it to 'my ava', knowing she liked it whenever he said this.

he put this note on the shirt, smiled at her and jumped out the window, running back to the cullen's home.

when he arrived there, emmett and rosalie were waiting for him at the porch. he didn't notice them and instead whistled to himself, attempting to unlock the door.

"where did you go?" rosalie asked. she didn't need to ask, she already knew. it wasn't hard to guess but she was proud of herself.

jacob jumped and dropped his keys, "holy shit you scared me." he put a hand on his chest and grabbed his keys before sitting beside the two.

"so?"

"you don't need to ask, you already know blondie." jacob replied and she smirked. she enjoyed it when people acknowledged her smartness.

"how is she?" emmett asked. from the times him and jacob spoke about her, he grew fond of her. he wanted to meet her officially, and so did rosalie, but they have to wait for jacob to feel comfortable first.

jacob smiled, looking over the memories of their night together, "amazing. she's so cute and sweet, and there's this new clinginess to her which i love. we just spoke and chatted out of our asses."

"she seems wonderful." alice, who jacob did not even notice coming to the patio with jasper, said politely.

jacob smiled, leaning back and looking up to the sky, "she's wonderful. so cute, so smart, so adorable. she's everything."

-

that morning, octavia got up. at first she thought what happened last night was just an extremely vivid dream until she saw jacob's shirt and the note. she blushed at the note and put it in her phone case, wanting to keep it close to her forever.

she brushed her teeth and did her business before making her way to emily and sam's. this is where everyone normally hung out in the morning. she was one of the first to arrive so she made herself some cereal and sat on the counter, her favourite seat.

"only three more days," paul commented when sam and emily walked into the kitchen. emily looked happy and relaxed but sam looked nervous.

as everyone spoke, octavia put in her earbuds and listened to some music. sam whispered to embry and quil and she automatically put her phone volume down discreetly.

"jacob comes home the night before the wedding. carlisle said he is fit enough for the wedding so i need you to both to go and take him suit shopping today. fix up his hair and get him presentable for the wedding. can you guys do that?"

they both nodded, excited to spend time with their best friend. octavia was happy. she could not believe that jacob would be attending the wedding let alone be home soon. she had to bite the insides of her cheek to stop herself from smiling.

jacob was coming home!