the final goodbye.

dear readers,

firstly i would like to say thank you so much for 100,000 reads (right now we're on like 120,000 reads) and for all the comments, love and messages i get. this story has been one of my favourite things to ever do and write and i really don't understand how happy it makes me to see people enjoy my work.

anyways, i just realised that they're set in california and it's sunny so let's just imagine that they wear daylight amulets like in that one show. also without reading the sequel, this final chapter makes absolutely no sense so you have to read it otherwise you'll be lost!

this chapter has 10,822 words (without my mini thank you letter) so make sure you're free when you're reading this.

i can't milk this story anymore than i have already so sadly, this is the final chapter. thank you so much for everything and i really hope you enjoy,

the final goodbye.

-

"see rosalie, i don't understand why i can't see him." octavia had her arm linked around rosalie's waist as they walked out the hospital together, "i just finished an eighteen hour shift and all i want to do is first get out of these scrubs then go and kiss, cuddle and love him."

rosalie helped octavia walk to her car, walking around to the driver seat, "cause it's your wedding day tomorrow. you're getting married and it's bad luck to see your spouse on your wedding day. that's why."

octavia sat in the passenger seat, latching her seatbelt on and frowning slightly, "isn't that a tradition used for when arranged marriages were a huge thing and the fathers would hype their daughter so much in terms of looks so when the marriage papers were signed, the husband was stuck as divorces were frowned upon in such a religious society?"

rosalie blinked, "octavia-"

"sorry sorry." she sighed, pulling her knees up to chest and closing her eyes, "i am just really tired and really nervous and i really miss jacob."

"i know. but don't worry! jacob is with emmett, his best man and you're safe with me, your maid of honour and we are gonna have a great night together."

octavia smiled and thanked rosalie who smiled as she begun to drive, "are you sure i can't see him?"

"absolutely positive."

"but it's not midnight so technically it is not my wedding day."

rosalie glanced at the clock. it was 11:59pm. she smiled back at octavia for a few seconds until it hit 12:00am then gasped, "oops! it's your wedding day now."

"rosalie."

"i love you too."

-

it has been just over 6 years since bella died and a lot has changed has changed. after octavia finished her year of community college she headed out to stanford medical school with jacob and her best friends, emmett and rosalie by her side.

she persevered and did her 4 years of medical school and soon enough, she found herself becoming an intern at UCLA medical center. she was currently in her second year of her 7 year program. she had completed her intern year, passing the intern exam with flying colours and was the top resident in her class and everything seemed perfect. well, in all honesty, everything was perfect, especially with jacob by her side.

and jacob. jacob. life was only getting better for jacob. when they arrived in california, he immediately applied to a mechanical engineering apprenticeship. his boss and teacher, arthur scott, was an old man who was looking to hand down his business to hardworking young adult.