twenty three

octavia happily walked into the kitchen. she made some sandwiches, two for her and three for jacob. she also brought snacks and drinks and then skipped back to his room.

she felt stupid for crawling back to him but the heart wants what it wants so she didn't think about it. she walked into his room, closing the door behind her and dimming the lights. she put the snacks and sandwiches on the bedside table and jacob pointed to his shirt and shorts.

"close your eyes, no peeking." she jokingly ordered and he closed his eyes. she doubled checked that he wasn't looking before quickly getting dressed in his clothes. the shirt was huge and she had to tighten the string on his shorts multiple times.

"i look silly."

he opened his eyes, "i think you look adorable."

"you're too kind." she climbed over him, going to the side of the bed she originally sat on. she put his plate of sandwiches on his lap, "eat." he smiled at her, leaning in and kissing her forehead before starting to eat.

she comfortable leaned on him side, flicking through netflix to try and find a movie. jacob ate through his sandwiches quickly. like the pack, he ate more than the regular human so octavia offered her sandwiches to him. she hadn't touched them yet.

"no, these are yours." he gently took the remote and put her food on her lap. she nodded and ate slowly. jacob scrolled through the horror section of netflix. octavia had put it on and he stayed there even though he hated horror movies.

"are you scared?" she giggled. she thought it was cute that jacob, who seemed fearless, had a fear of horror movies.

"stop," he whined, "they're scary and weird. ghosts are horrible!" octavia could not stop laughing. this was the funniest thing to happen to her in days.

oh how jacob loved her laugh. the way her head threw back. her wide smile. her dimple. her eyes clothes. it was his favourite sound on earth and his second favourite thing to be in the precense of.

the first being her lips. he pulled her close and giggled, her cheeks turning red.

"what?" she said through her giggles.

"you're so cute." he whispered before kissing her. she smiled into the kiss, wrapping an arm around his neck. his hands roamed over her body and landed on her waist. she shivered under his touch and blushed, pulling away and looking at the tv.

jacob chuckled, he liked how flustered she got whenever he touched her. he clicked on a random horrible movie and cuddled up close to her.

half way through the movie, when the horror really begun, jacob's hand moved around the bed until he found ava's. he held it and interlinked their fingers.

octavia's eyelids felt heavy, she moved so she was comfortable and yawned. jacob noticed so he turned the tv off. he also got comfortable and gently tied her hair in a bun, "night ava."

"goodnight jacob." she whispered. that night, she dreamt of jacob and her.