thirty one

octavia stumbled into the kitchen at around 11.30am. she ate her oatmeal quietly, not joining in on the conversation. she cried real tears that night. she was in total shock, did jacob really love her like that in his letter. he was so cute, god all she wanted to do was ki-

"did you hear that?" emily asked octavia.

"sorry?" she asked, "sorry i was day dreaming. what did you say?" she blushed embarrassed.

"i said we are going dress shopping today for you and leah. it's kinda far so we're staying at a hotel cause we're definitely  not gonna make it back in time, so back a overnight bag." emily grinned, she was so excited.

octavia plastered a fake smile on, "great! let me finish this and i'll get ready." she had genuine hope that jacob was going to return that night and now she was going out for not only the whole day but the night? she was scared that he'd come, see she wasn't there and leave again.

but on the bright side, her, emily and leah were going to have that promised girls day.

when she finished eating her breakfast, she washed her cutlery and jokingly hip bumped seth before making her way to her room. she bumped into leah who pulled her aside.

"i heard jacob yesterday." she said after closing the door to her room.

"you did?" octavia rushed to her, "where is he? did he speak to you? did he ask about me? speak!" she rambled.

"i would if you let me! i didn't speak to him, i heard sam telling embry. jacob doesn't believe you came back so he doesn't want to come back." leah explained, "so they're all going to find him today, which is why we are going out."

"what? is sam stupid? if i leave and jacob sees i'm not here he's gonna leave again, i have to go and stay." she stood up, pretty shocked.

"he won't! i promise. sam assumes that jacob has been in wolf form this whole time and he knows from experience the comeback is horrible so he's gonna need to adjust to walking and eating like a human. his body is not gonna let him phase back for a good month."

"so why am i being rushed out the house?"

"i didn't hear that part, but i will force it out of seth. i know he'll know. now get ready, we're leaving in twenty minutes." leah rushed out of her room.

octavia knew what she had to do. she grabbed a sheet of lined paper and wrote down her feelings. she wrote that she still loved jacob and that she wanted to try again. she slipped it under his pillow and rushed back to her room. she got ready and ran upstairs.

"ready?" emily asked.

"ready!"