sixteen

octavia woke up prettly early. she and jacob had their little get together today so she wanted to look good. she immediately hopped in the shower, even going as far to shave her legs and arms.

when she got out of the shower she threw her hair in a towel and brushed her teeth, twice. she wore her swim suit and put on a shirt and overalls. she looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.

she brushed through her hair, drying it through before putting it in her signature highpony. she put on her airforces and packed her swimming bag. she was so excited for the day.

jacob was in his own room, also getting ready. he had showered and already packed his own swimming bag. today he actually tried with his appearance and wore comfortable jeans, a grey shirt and his leather jacket.

he dreamt amount octavia last night. his dreams were vivid and because of it he woke up excited. he did not think about bella once. all his thought were about sweet little ava.

when jacob had breakfast he had this finally happy smile on his face. sam noticed and sat beside him and jacob put his drink down.

"my sister." sam begun, "you imprinted on my sister. jacob i swear to god if you hurt her i'm going to ruin your life. got it?" he said sternely. jacob nodded, a bit shocked when sam smiled and patted his back, "congrats on imprinting!" he got up and walked to emily.

jacob was too happy to be bothered about what sam warned him. he continued eating his cereal, minding his own business.

octavia walked into the kitchen, a bit nervous. she started to make her own breakfast, bantering with the people around her. paul jokingly whistled at her and she threw a cloth at him. jacob was going to interrupt, his instincts kicking in, until he realised that it wasn't bothering her. so it didn't bother him.

nobody mentioned the imprinting to octavia. they all thought she'd be freaked out but she seemed pretty cool about it. boy did she have them all fooled. she was shitting herself.

it was scary to her that her future had been planned out to great detail. she was used to doing things when she wanted and for some reason knowing that jacob is her one and only shook her. but for now, she decided to see how it goes. what's the harm in trying?

after breakfast, her and jacob said bye to everyone before going to the garage. she expected to get into his car and he laughed quietly.

"it's a good day, so we're taking the motorcycle." he explain to her. she was not up for this.

"absolutely not."

jacob whined, "it's gonna be fun i promise." he pleaded and eventually she gave in, after he promised to dive with her. he gave her the only helmet and she looked at him scared.

"you don't have a helmet?" she asked and he shook his head no, "you'll be okay though right?" he laughed and nodded.

"wolf abilities. i'll be okay." he reassured her and she nodded, putting on the helmet. he thought she looked cute so he took a picture of her posing ridicously.

after a bit of fooling around, jacob got on the bike and octavia got on behind him. she wrapped her arms around his waist tightly and tried to relax.

"we'll be fine." he whispered and she nodded. he started to drive off. octavia had her eyes closed for majority of the ride. she did open them when jacob asked her and she thought the scenery was beautiful.

jacob put the bike in park and they got off it. octavia stumbled slightly, she blushed deeply when jacob held her waist to stop her from falling.

"excited?"

"you don't even know." she grinned. this was the first time she was going to swim with someone from the reservation and in general. she was quite nervous because swimming was her safe space and she never invited someone to join her. the only time octavia swam with other people was during practice and meets at her own school so this was special to her.

the two spoke about god knows what as they made their way to the sign in area. she paid for his and her tickets, "this is my treat remember?" she said before they seperated to go into their changing rooms.

she took off her outside outfit and and neatly folded them up, placing them in her bag carefully. she then put on her swimming cap and goggles before putting her stuff in a locker.

"you look funny." jacob laughed and she rolled her eyes, moving so he can put his stuff in the locker. she locked it then stretched.

"do you come swimming often?" he asked her curiously.

"yeah, it's my safe space. i come here to think, relax and keep fit." she explained, "don't tell anyone we come here. i want to keep it private." she suddenly looked at him seriously and he nodded.

"cross my heart and hope to die." he said, mimicking the actions too. octavia smiled and climbed into the pool, "race?" he asked.

"you know it."