forty

octavia spent the day relaxing. she hung out in leah's room and they did nothing special. leah was texting her girlfriend with octavia playing a game on the console.

at around 8pm, she decided she should tell leah what had happened last night and that morning. "if i tell you something will you promise not to tell anyone?" octavia asked. she wanted to tell her about jacob because she was practically bursting.

"of course," leah put her phone down and smiled. octavia wondered what she should tell her first. when she decided she paused her game.

"i heard sam talk to quil and embry. jacob comes home in two days, in time for the wedding. they took him suit shopping today." octavia said this with a huge smile. it annoyed her that jacob couldn't come home that day but she was also happy that he was definitely coming to the wedding.

leah was happy as well, quite excited. not only was octavia getting jacob back but she was getting her brother-like figure back too, "i guess you only have to wait a few days to see him again."

"about that."

"octavia."

"we might have spent the night together yesterday." she blushed, the memories of that night flushing in, "he came in through the window and we spoke all night." she dramatically lay down, "leah is it to early to say that i think i love him."

"wait wait wait." leah's eyes were shocked, "slow down. you guys spent the night together? as in you guys-"

"no oh my god leah! get your mind out of the gutter!" octavia gasped and covered her mouth. she caught leah's eye and they both burst out laughing. "no, we didn't 'spend the night together.' we relaxed together, no funny business." she said through giggles.

"how was it?" leah said once she recovered.

octavia smiled, "it felt like i was sent to heaven. seriously. it wasn't like before where it felt forced and rigid. talking to him was amazing and we-"

"you guys kissed!" leah gasped and octavia blushed, nodding.

octavia was going to continue speaking but there was a knock at the door, "leah, mariposa is at the door for you." it was seth. octavia's looked at leah excited.

"coming!" leah got up and practically ran downstairs. when the two girls came upstairs leah introduced them to each other.

"hey i'm octavia, sam's sister."

"mariposa, i'm leah's girlfriend." she smiled and the two politely shook hands.

"girlfriends?" octavia grinned. she was about to embarrass leah but couldn't. leah practically pushed her out the room.

"bye octavia!" leah said in a high pitch voice and octavia giggled, saying goodbye.

octavia laughed and made her way to jacob's room. she took a shower, decided to refresh herself. the weather forecast had predicted that it was going to be a hot night so she wore shorts and a short sleeved crop top. she also wanted to look good for jacob, even if it was just pyjamas.

she hummed to herself, something she did when she was happy, and dried her hair. once she was finished it was around 9pm. great, she only had to keep herself busy for another 30 minutes.

she decided to tackle the forms she had to fill out. since she missed a lot of school back in texas she was going to restart her senior year. she had to fill out forms for forks high school which to her was quite fun.

at 9.30pm, she put them away and opened her window. she sat on the bed and scrolled through her phone. twenty minutes had passed by and jacob had finally arrived. he jumped through her window, smiling.

she decided to mess with him, "you're late." she said. she tried to sound angry but she wasn't the greatest actor.

he caught on quickly, "i'm sorry, how can i make it up to you?" he laid down beside her, automatically holding her hand.

"hmmmm." she pretended to think, bringing out the theatrics and placing a hand on her chin, "i don't know. what do you think you should do?"

he smiled widely and put a hand on her cheek. they both leaned in and eventually their lips touched. her lips brushed against his, softly like butterfly wings. he felt the warmth from her and blushed at the taste of her cherry lip balm.

she smiled into the kiss, inhaling the smell of his shaving cream, his shampoo and his natural smell. she took deep breaths, feeling intoxicated by him.

breathing deeply, the two pulled away. jacob stared into her eyes with love and she blinked, turning bright red. ava cuddled up in his chest and gently kissed his jaw.

"truly sorry for being late princess." he whispered after the two of them had caught their breaths. his hand was resting on her thigh and ava was staring at it, blushing and she could swear he can hear her heart race.

"why were you?" she asked. she wasn't really angry with him, she barely cared. him coming to see her was enough.

"carlisle and esme were standing outside. i couldn't leave until they got in." he explained and she nodded, looking at him.

"how was suit shopping? and seeing your boys?" she played with his hair, making braids.

he watched her with a loving smile, "it was fun. i missed them both so much so yeah, i had an awesome day." ava listened in awe. he spoke in so much detail and happiness that she grinned.

when he finished speaking he leaned in and kissed her forehead, "you look beautiful by the way." she wanted to interrupt him but he didn't give her the chance to, "so beautiful. seriously, it's like god picked an angel to be human."

ava's eyes sparkled, her cheeks turned as bright as an elmo doll, "you are crazy." she whispered, staring into his brown eyes.

"crazy over you." he replied. she giggled, loving it when he spoke like this.