The Isle Of The Lost

Elena POV

Mal slowly looked me up and down with a puzzled expression, suddenly she gasped and opened up her spellbook that she still held in her grasp and flipped through the pages until landing on one and putting her finger on it to read the words,

"Change the look, change it quick, make good look bad to do the trick"

She recited as her finger followed the words on the page. She then looked up at me and swished her finger to the left, a green stream of magic already following her finger and began to circle around me. I looked on in awe as she swiped to the right, then straight down which somehow forced me down too. I squeaked a little in surprise as I felt some different textures beginning to run over my skin, my hair get pulled up a little, it was weird but cool!. The green magic swirled around me for a moment before allowing me to stand again. I started looking down at myself as I popped up again, Mal gasped which let me know something had really gone down. I looked down at myself and saw... an entirely new person.

Mal looked at me in shock for a moment or two before squealing a little bit and jogging over to me to pull me to a full-length mirror,

"You look so badass oh my gods! Look at you!"

She shouted as she pulled me to a full-length mirror. As soon as my eyes met my reflection I was in shock with her... never in my life have I looked... like this.

My basic white dress had been replaced with a black tank top with strappy bits wrapping around me, then I was wearing fishnet leggings with some sort of leather shorts on, then I had these chunky black boot heel thingies that really weighed down my feet, and finally my white gloves had turned into slick black leather ones. To wrap it all together, a light blue leather jacket made me feel a little more covered up to my liking.

I've never worn such a thing as this, never have I worn something more revealing so I immediately was in shock at my appearance. Then I moved to my face and the shock became even more evident, I've never worn this much makeup either! I had a sort of winged eyeliner and blue glitter sort of eyeshadow look, my eyebrows were nicely filled, but the thing that caught my eye was the dark red lipstick that now perfectly seemed to make my entire face pop. Then my hair! Oh my hair, it was now tied up in a sort of braid going straight down the back of my head, I looked... I looked pretty differently good!

I slowly looked over to Mal and squealed a little bit on the spot as I could no longer contain the excitement in my body! I looked so different, I could barely help it,

"Mal! This is awesome!"

She chuckled and patted me on the shoulder before heading to her wardrobe, allowing me to continue to admire my reflection,

"I'm glad you like it, I'm gonna get changed really quick. Could you write a note explaining why we've disappeared so no one thinks we got kidnapped or something? I want to get outta here as soon as I'm done getting dressed"

There were still fresh tear stains on her cheeks, but she was looking a lot happier already which simply made me happier! I nodded and looked over to her as she grabbed an array of purple and green clothing items and jogged to the bathroom. While she got dressed I did just as she asked and wrote a little note explaining our disappearances,

Dear everyone,

Before you go sending out a search party to look for us, we're both just fine. Mal has hit her breaking point that none of you seemed to notice she was approaching. It saddens me that as her friends you never saw all of her stress and worry, but I did, so I'm going with her to help her through this.