Enchanted

Elena POV

It's been a few days since the whole Ahtohallan incident, I think I've had enough time to soak in and understand what I remembered there and have taken a few days nice and easy with Harry just to not overwhelm me. I think I'm doing much better though, I can think about the incident and not burst into tears so that's a plus all by itself. And while I am still processing everything, life goes on and we have a Winter Ball to get ready for.

The Winter Ball is one of the fun events we have every year to open up the gates to the people of the village to let them into the castle for a nice little get-together! We keep it pretty closed off, as in only Arendellians and the Northuldra if they wish are allowed to the ball, no one travels from outside kingdoms for this ball on average since we don't announce it. Of course, Harry's allowed since he's associated with me and I'm an Arendellian, I'm sure you get the point.

But we have to get ready and that means preparing the ballroom, sorting out the food, and of course, choosing something to wear. As a Princess, and one that recently just got home, I've gotten shipment after shipment of dresses and gowns for the ball from local seamstresses and dressmakers, so I get to go through those today and see which one I'll wear at the ball!

As for Harry, I think I'll take him down to the village soon to one of my favorite designers to get him measured and have something specially made for him since of course, he needs something too. But today, we're focusing on my dress since that's normally the longer process since there's a lot of components to the classic ball gown. There's the petticoat, the under skirts, the tights if need be, the corset, the actual dress itself, it's complicated! Even the shoes, jewelry, and hairstyle matter tons!

So today I have to basically do all of that and make a plan for Harry... wish me luck.

Harry followed me close behind as he always does as I literally had to make haste to the room my mom and aunt had packed with dresses that have been shipped to me, I'm just hoping I like one! Normally I get really beautiful dresses from these sorts of things, but sometimes I've gotten a whole bunch of tossups that don't suit me at all,

"So... what exactly are we doing again?"

Harry asked as we walked, I briefly turned to him with a smile,

"Well you're kinda just gonna be a judge of sorts, but I have to try on some dresses for the ball in a few days and choose which one I like. Tomorrow I say we'll head down to the village and get you fitted for a suit but I get dresses shipped to me all the time"

Harry chuckled a little bit and took a series of larger stridden steps to catch up with me so he could walk beside me and asked,

"A judge? Am I gonna rate each dress one outta ten or something like that?"

I giggled a little bit and shrugged,

"I just like hearing other people's opinions, like at first I'll sort through them and then choose the ones I like, then try those on and see which one I like best from there! I like having other people's opinions because sometimes they see me differently than I see myself or can see things I can't see. You're like... quality control!"

I quickly explained. Every day Harry and I have gotten closer since he's pretty much living with me right now, so we spend almost every minute together. I don't even get sick of him, I like having him around all the time! But the price for that is the feelings I have around Harry are.... multiplying at a rate that's hard for me to handle.

It's getting so hard to hide it at times, gods what would he even think if he found out? I would hate to freak him out or something, besides even if I wanted to tell him I wouldn't know what to say! I've only seen this sort of thing in movies, and I've been told those aren't even entirely accurate! Oh, what am I gonna do about that?