The Standoff

Harry POV

Alrighty... today is the big day.

It's the official VK Day, and the wonderfully annoying Auradon Marching Band is standing right outside playing music so loud I bet ye could hear it in Arendelle. Anyway, I won't be bitter, simply because today is a big step for VKs overall. I bet the next five are gonna be able ta pick the next five and so on, and before ya know it there won't be an unfortunate soul left on that trash heap of an island. Elena is absolutely bubbling about the whole thing, despite waking up with more anxiety. I'm not sure where it's coming from but she's never been the anxious type, but luckily we've figured out how ta deal with that a bit, so we shall carry on as normal now that she feels better!

Elena is coming ta the Isle this time around as well as she's still concerned about my safety, and honest I don't mind. I know she can hold her own for both of us if need be, so letting her come with me if anything just puts me more at ease. I know I can go ta the Isle and come back unscathed just like last time. Speaking of last time, I've had an idea about what ta do with that opal and diamond ring I collected from my room last time we were 'ere... and I may be going a wee bit extreme 'ere but I'm really hoping I'm not being insane right now.

So... I was talking ta Elena a few days ago when she mentioned taking a trip with me one day. She gushed about letting me be a captain of my own ship one day, saying she'd love ta explore and go on adventures with me once we were "older" as she says. And that got me thinking... what would it be like once we get older, graduate, and move on in life? I surely wouldn't want us ta drift apart... she says it won't happen, but there was one thing she didn't even mention, but I was thinking about it.

What if... let's say five years or so from now when we're actually adults and have graduated and all that, we decide then ta maybe... go as far as ta..... possibly..... tie the knot? Ya know......... get married? I can't think of someone else I would ever willingly tie myself to, just because I know who she is and how we ultimately want ta do the same things so marriage wouldn't tie either of us down. But then I realized, I wanna do something for her now, what could I do ta let her know how serious I am about our relationship?

Well lads, lassies, and everyone in between... that's when I thought of a simple thing called a promise ring.

A promise ring was something I heard about in one of those stupid goodness classes, we had an entire unit on love and of course that's where I heard of this idea. From what I gathered, a promise ring can be different for everyone, as in ye can tie whatever promises ya want to the ring. So I was thinking, what if I give her the ring I got from my family heirlooms as a promise ta... well..... possibly marry her in the future? Like a sort of pre-engagement ring? I'm still working on the logistics of it of course, but I thought that was an alright idea.

Anyway, we're just about ready ta head down to the big opening ceremony for VK Day, Elena's just straightening out her loose hair a bit more as when she woke up it was rather unruly.

She's wearing this cute little form-fitting jumpsuit dress-like thing, it started out as an off-the-shoulder with white and blended into light blue at the skirt, like a gradient per se. The leggings she wore underneath were the same light blue as the bottom of the skirt so it blended nicely, not ta mention how the arms of the dress were simply sheer with jewels on the sleeves, so it looked like she was really sparkling. She had braided the front pieces of her hair and pinned them back in order ta keep her hair out of her face while keeping it loose... and goodness do I think she looks particularly beautiful today...

Elena mentioned how her ma had a dress nearly identical to it, she has pictures of her in it somewhere and all that. She even said her ma wore that dress when "finding out who she really was", which I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it sounds cool and the dress is pretty and Elena makes it even prettier, so I'm not gonna question anything.