On My Mind

Elena POV

I woke up a while ago when Evie came knocking on my door, it looks like I slept in pretty late but gee do I feel refreshed! I slept for over twelve hours, I'd be terribly disappointed if I didn't feel rested after all. I had a few dreams during the night, but one of them was a little... scary. I just remember I was on the Isle and I found Harry... except he was really really hurt. I couldn't figure out how but he kept saying it was my fault... I left him there to die and that's what I'm afraid is gonna happen.... I hated it so much!

I tried to explain but it looked like he was going to die any second when suddenly I felt... a hand on my cheek. I turned to the person who had put their hand on my cheek and well... it was Harry, but suddenly the version of him that was hurt was gone, he was okay and told me that he doesn't blame me for anything and that he's simply glad I'm safe. Then he told me to sleep peacefully, and just like that, he was gone. It was strange... but the touch on my cheek felt so.... real. And the words he spoke they echoed as if he really were saying them! So it was a scary dream that turned into a good dream!

I'm just glad I'm feeling refreshed for cotillion, it's my first celebration of sorts in Auradon so I'm really excited to see how it goes! Hopefully, nothing goes completely wrong, I'm sure everything will be fine! I've told Evie a few times that I'm nervous and she's simply told me that that's normal, so I have nothing to worry about!

Now I was with Evie and Mal waiting my turn to get ready and all, Mal's ensemble takes so much time to put together Evie's started early for her. It feels cozy hanging out in their dorm room since it's my old dorm room and all, feels like home to a point. I contently watched as Evie sorted out Mal's undergarments and such, currently, Mal was only wearing the white undercoat and underskirt that makes the real skirt that will lay on top look poofier. We all had casual chats as my voice is practically back to normal which I love, the tea and sleep was an awesome idea for sure!

I heard a solid knock on the door which Evie and Mal perked up at. Bruni looked towards the door for a moment before continuing to happily munch on some snow I gave him. Evie was busy with Mal's dress, so I got up to answer the door for them which Evie thanked me for. I trotted over to the door and opened it up to see Jay in the doorway who seemed to be surprised by my presence and jumped a little,

"E-Elena, what a surprise... I was just stopping by to ask Evie and Mal where you were"

I smiled a little and nodded once, I'm not the happiest with Jay... he tried to hurt Harry and called him all those awful things, so I'm not really too happy with him right now. It doesn't mean I should be unpleasant though,

"Oh? What did you need me for?"

Jay stared at me a little before stuttering to speak. I heard Evie and Mal giggling behind me which led me to turn around for a moment to give them a look before turning around to Jay who was scratching the back of his neck,

"Uhm... I was just wondering... I know you may not be the most pleased with me but I was wondering if you wanted to go to cotillion with me?"

I giggled some and tilted my head at him, that's a silly question, isn't it?

"Weren't we already doing that? You know we're all going as a group? I thought that was implied"

I heard Evie and Mal snicker behind me which made me turn around again to give them a confused but amused expression. I turned around as Jay was stuttering all over again,

"I-I mean, uhm yeah I guess but not really..."

I tilted my head at him and furrowed my brow a little with a smile still,

"Jay? Are you okay?"

I kindly asked. But Evie and Mal only snickered more as it turned into more giggles and abrupt laughter. I watched as Jay became redder by the second, the nervous twitches seemed to increase too. I wonder why? I can't imagine why he'd be so on edge,

"Uh yeah, I was just wondering if y-you'd be my dat-"

"Elena it's time for you to start getting ready!"

Evie suddenly trotted up to me and pulled me back. I squealed as she handed me off to Mal who grabbed my hands and led me into the room with a spin. Evie stood in the doorway and stared at a very weirdly flustered Jay,

"Get your damn hormones under control man, come back later when you've rehearsed some more. If you need help slap a wig on Carlos and act like it's Elle"

With tha Evie slammed the door on Jay's face, I giggled a little with Evie and Mal as they cracked up. I didn't really know why, but it's fun to laugh with friends! Evie trotted back on over to me with a bright smile and grabbed my shoulders to lead me to her vanity and sit me down,

"Now, any requests for anything specific you want me to do with hair or makeup?"

I hummed and lit up a little. I remembered I stuffed something into my pocket before I came here that I did have a specific request for!

"Well, I just want basic light makeup, as for hair..."

I dug into my dresses pocket and pulled out the precious red sash that I haven't let go of since I got it and brought it up in my hands,

"... can you put this in my hair somehow?"

Evie hummed and took the soft silk from me and smirked,

"Oh yeah, it's pretty long though so we'll either have to cut it or you'll just have a really long tail"

"Don't cut it that's for sure, I'll have the long tail"

I immediately spoke, there is no way I'm cutting this that's for sure. She nodded once and began working on me all over as Mal did her own makeup. We talked and talked for the longest time, simply catching up from the last few days and their chaos. I'm just excited to see what an Auradon celebration is like, and I'll be there with all of my friends... well.... except for one.

Bruni wants to stay in the dorm and sleep as he normally does, but he's not the friend I'm referencing... my mind is still only on one person... Harry... I sure do hope he truly isn't cross with me, I truly did want to bring him... Oh, how fun it would be if he could spend the night at cotillion with me... I should say us, you know me and the VKs... but with me ultimately.

I laughed and joked with Mal and Evie as we all took turns helping each other get ready, but my mind kept running laps around the mere idea of Harry! He really is haunting me, isn't he? I can't get him out of my head so badly he's in my dreams. In my dreams so much that I swear I can still feel where he had put his hand on my cheek, like a phantom it just lingered there without it ever having even happened! I can't help it! 

I don't know why one person I met for a few days has grabbed my attention so fiercely, all I know is that I wish he were here so maybe I could find out why. But right now I know that there is very little chance my attention could be freed from his grasp, something about him has just captivated me unlike anyone ever has before and while I don't mind I wish I could actually.... you know, see him, talk to him, something...

Gee... even thinking about him is making my heart beat a little faster... whatever that means...

A/N

Hiya! Yup, ya girl is putting out two chapters for this book for tonight XD This chapter is obviously a little short so that's the main reason as to why you all get a little bonus chapter for today :D The next chapter will either be getting to cotillion or will be cotillion depending on how I write it and that might take a good while to write, but I hope you guys are just as excited as I am about it and won't mind the possible wait :D

Besides, we all loved seeing Jay get lowkey rejected by Elena without her even knowing she was rejecting him XD For a girl who's never had a date, a boyfriend or girlfriend, hasn't even had her first kiss, and already lives a sheltered life as it is of course she doesn't know what being asked out even sounds like XD

I don't really have any questions for you guys besides how do you think cotillion will play out? That's the obvious and biggest question right now so I'd love to hear your thoughts and theories :D

Remember to stay hydrated and to be kind to yourself today :D

-Brooke