Family Chat

Elena POV

I straightened out my evening gown before quickly turning to my bedroom door and hastefully walking that way. Harry and I got back from that wonderful little adventure less than half an hour ago and we had to quickly straighten ourselves back up for dinner, so I threw on a midnight blue long evening gown of sorts and let my hair out of its braid so it would be nice and wavy before calling it good!

My brain is still running laps around the idea of that weird palace up in the mountains... but unfortunately, we may not be able to even go exploring tonight! I mean I think that journey would be best if we started it in the day anyway since the wolves are out early and everything, it could be dangerous! So yeah, we're probably going to do that tomorrow... that doesn't stop my brain from wandering and wondering what could be up there though!

I walked right on out of my room as Harry did the same, he was wearing some casual yet formal wear as well as that's what's proper for dinner with the family and all, especially because we have to tell my family about us and I want us to both look nice you know? He looked nice and dapper as he does when he really tries to look nice which made me rather happy from that alone, his hair was fixed up to a point where it didn't look as wild as before and he had even fixed up his normally rouge eyeliner! I smiled at him simply from looking at him and took his hand as he offered it to me,

"Ready ta tell yer family about us love?"

He asked right as we began walking to dinner together, I was kinda surprised that he had remembered but who am I kidding? I giggled and happily nodded,

"Yeah! I'm excited"

I happily stated as we continued our walk, Harry chuckled and began rubbing my hand with his thumb as he does subconsciously it seems,

"Me too, I've been thinking about what I'm going ta say almost all day ta be honest. I just wanna make sure they know my intentions that's all"

I still don't entirely know what he means by that, I mean he's my boyfriend, surely the title of boyfriend means there's only really one set of intentions right?

"Harry? I still don't entirely know what that means, I mean surely being my boyfriend makes your intentions clear right off the bat, right?"

I casually asked. He sighed and looked down at me with a little smile,

"I wish it was, but love... I've been in relationships where it's more about other things rather than actually being in love. Yer the first and only person I've ever loved and I want ta make it very clear that that's why we're together"

Okay okay... so relationships aren't always about love then, I mean I kinda knew that but I can't wrap my brain around it. Why would anyone even want that? It doesn't sound good whatsoever, but I would be lying if I said hearing that I'm the only person he's ever loved didn't make my heart jump a little bit!

"I can't imagine being in a relationship without love, I mean that must be awful!"

Harry chuckled a little bit more and let go of my hand only to wrap his arm snug around my shoulder and pulled me into him a little bit,

"It is, I can confidently say that because the few days we've been in a relationship has been better than all my past relationships combined. It's a little unfair ta even compare, mainly because yer just such a special little lassie and ye absolutely blow any competition away in my mind"

Awww! I cooed and simply snuggled into his side a little bit as that's quite sweet! I mean I didn't try to blow anyone away but here I am! I giggled a little bit as he only pulled me into his side more so I was right up against him,