Fine Prey

Elena POV

I slowly opened my eyes, already yawning and stretching as I felt myself on a lovely soft surface, also with something nice and cozy over top of me. My eyes still felt a bit tired as my body aches a bit, but I was comfy for sure! I opened my eyes a bit and looked around, being a bit surprised once I found that I... I'm back in my dorm room? Didn't I fall asleep in the limo on Harry so I could rest? How did I get here?

I sat up just enough to look around a bit more, now I could see that I had a certain pair of blue eyes on me already, I was put at ease at the warm smile that immediately greeted me as I slowly felt fully conscious,

"Aw I thought I heard ya wake up, how are ya feeling love?"

Harry gently spoke as he walked over to my bed and kneeled down beside me, he slowly raised his hand to gently brush through my hair a bit as I slowly sat up a bit more,

"I think I feel okay... how did I get here?"

I asked with a yawn, Harry cooed a bit for whatever reason and tilted his head a bit at me,

"Why I carried ya 'ere, I kept yer ears covered and carried ya all the way back 'ere ta rest. I won't lie... ya had me scared back there during that whole confrontation, so I thought ye might need a bit more rest than what a limo ride would offer"

Aww, that is sweet now isn't it? I smiled and happily leaned a bit closer to his face, still feeling rather tired that's for sure. I just now began to remember all that happened, gosh that was a mess huh?

"Well thanks Harry, I feel better already. I still feel not great, but better for sure"

Harry smiled a bit more and leaned forward just enough to gently rest his chin on the mattress right next to me. Slowly his smile went away just a bit, he looked more concerned than anything as he took a deep breath before speaking,

"What happened out there Ellie? What did he do ta ya?"

Oh yeah, I haven't really told him what exactly happened huh? I sighed and felt my smile fading a bit as I curled up into a bit of a ball so I could hold my chest, right where he'd hit me with whatever it was,

"He distracted me just for a moment and before I knew it.... I felt this blast before being hit with this agonizing pain in my chest, I can barely even describe what it felt like, but I know it was... probably the worst pain I've ever felt. I felt like I was having the life sucked out of me at the same time, but he only made it worse and worse until I was having full-body cramps. At that point I tried to fight back once I realized my situation and with Mal's help we beat him obviously... but the pain was too much to bear, the relief of that stream being cut off was great but getting my actual power back was what made me feel better"

Harry looked more than a little horrified, big eyes with... tears in them. I sighed and looked with worry at him as he took a few minutes to process, but in the end, all he did was slowly sit up to... lay over me a bit in a comforting hug. I took a nice long breath, feeling relaxed from that alone. It doesn't take much to make me feel better, a little bit of love goes a long way! He sat there, halfway over me from the side of the bed with his arms tightly wound around me, for a few good minutes. I held onto him just as tight, both of us needing a minute to slow down I think, and realize how lucky we are to be okay.

I may not know who that guy really is, but he was powerful... and I was scared for a moment I won't lie. It just hurt so bad and I was scared for my friends at the same time, he tried to shoot Harry down for not even doing anything! And Mal, oh he did that same awful thing to Mal that he had done to me... and yet we all walked away from it. I couldn't help it... I teared up at the thought of the experience... I never want to feel that pain ever again...