Could She?

Harry POV

Elena went with her mom a while ago into one of the sitting rooms to have a private chat about her dad and such, we came back from or walk a while ago and now well... I've just found the room full of paintings so I'm strolling through that since I don't have much more to do without Elena... speaking of Elena, she's been acting a little different recently.

I mean first she called me "love" in her sleepy state, but that could be purely because she was sleepy or because she simply means it as a term of endearment because I call her "love" all the time, then there was her little bit of cute stuttering when I complimented her earlier, I'll have to give her more compliments more often just so I can confirm what I'm thinking, then there was that... compliment she paid me. That was interesting, was it not?

It caught me by surprise in multiple ways, I mean I've never been basically called a model before, then there's the fact that it came from Elena specifically. And I thought she got rather... embarrassed, bashful even after... intriguing isn't it? I mean recently she has seemed to act a little more bashful and timid around me at times, and hell when we had that amazing duet moment... I'm still processing all the feelings I had in that moment, all while wondering what she felt too, but regardless she got really shy around me after that didn't she? Especially when she thought she had scared me, and she's not that easily embarrassed so I'm sure ya can see why this has piqued my interest.

I casually waltzed up and down the room full of art and pondered for quite some time, she's never looked so embarrassed of something she's said about me before, normally she's rather confident when giving compliments. I wonder what changed? I heard light footsteps out in the hallway, but ignored it as I thought and thought, why is she acting so... different in front of me all of a sudden? Is it even sudden? I feel like she only gets comfortable with my presence after spending some time with me, but at first she seems so nervous... I wonder why?

And I'm still wondering if she felt that intense chemistry I felt during our duet... but that's probably just me.

As I peered up at a painting of a woman being pushed on a swing, I couldn't get something that made sense in my head about Elena's sudden strange behavior, different I should say. But no matter what, my attention was taken from that to the footsteps that had entered the room and were casually coming my way. 

I looked over and saw Elena's aunt casually strolling up towards me, but she was looking up at the paintings rather than even paying me any mind which I didn't mind. She eventually came over and stood next to me, a rather long way away which I liked since I have a pretty big personal bubble that only one individual is allowed to invade. I had looked back up at the painting I had been focusing on as she leaned over to me without moving her eyes from the painting,

"I always come in here when I need to think, how about you?"

She said, well that is what I'm doing so that's rather accurate, isn't it? I hummed a little bit and took a long sigh,

"Yeh, it's pleasant"

I answered simply. Miss Anna stayed quiet for a second before casually kicking her feet around a little bit and speaking up again,

"So... what are you thinking about?"

She seems to be the type that feels awkward with the lack of active conversation, one of the people that gets freaked out by silence sort of thing. I don't mind a chat, I mean I've barely even met Elena's aunt so why not? Now the question is, what do I tell her? I mean she seems like the cool aunt type, and I'm feeling rather bold, so here goes nothing,

"Elena, she's been acting differently recently and I'm tryin' ta sort out why"

Miss Anna looked rather taken aback at first, but very quickly looked over to me and smiled a little bit as she crossed her arms,