Best... Friend

^ Basic inspiration pic for this chapter :D ^

Elena POV

I slowly began opening my eyes, tired yet feeling rested at the same time. When I did open my eyes, I found myself snuggled into... Harry's chest it seems? I slowly looked up and realized what exact position I was in. I was curled up a little bit with my arms folded in front of me, Harry's arms were wrapped around me and holding me tight and snug. I was looking up at Harry's peaceful face as he was smiling a little bit in his sleep, his face nuzzling in my hair a bit.

I smiled and shifted a little bit, his grip around me only grew tighter and brought me closer to him, aw I feel so.... nice right now! I'm all warm and fuzzy on the inside, and I definitely feel safe and protected from any potential alien murder clowns or coat rack intruders that's for sure.

I shifted a little closer to him, but knowing him he shifted awake a little bit since he sleeps so light. I heard him groan and felt him shift as I watched his eyes flutter open. I smiled a little more at him as the first thing he did was look down at me and smile a bit brighter,

"Aw good mornin' Ellie, did ye sleep a little better?"

I smiled and nodded a little as I rested my head back down all the way. His voice was deeper and raspier than normal as it is in the morning, but it sounded endearing and sweet nonetheless. I felt his face burrow in my hair again and felt him take a deep breath,

"I slept a lot better, no more bad dreams... thanks to you laying with me"

Harry squeezed me a little bit before letting his grip loosen a little bit, I took a long sigh of content as no matter how against my mom's rules this is, it feels... so comforting, lovely even,

"That's good, I'm glad ye got ta get some good rest darlin'. And no problem, it helped me sleep a little better too. Now I'm looking forward ta seeing what ye can really do with that beautiful magic of yers"

I lit up and immediately sat up in mere excitement, I brightly smiled and practically flew out of bed,

"Oh yeah! Come on I wanna show you everything! The earlier in the morning the nicer it is outside!"

Harry chuckled and let his arms slip from being around me and slowly sat up, he ran a hand through his hair,

"Ye mean the colder it is outside, no wonder ye prefer ta stay inside in the afternoon and like going out in the morning and at dusk. Do ye even get cold?"

I hummed for a moment before shaking my head, not once in my life have I ever felt cold since well... I don't think I can get cold to be honest,

"Nope! The cold's never bothered me"

I hopped outta bed and trotted over to my dresser as Harry slowly stretched, groaning as he did. I took another check and sure enough, his scars look a whole lot better than they did when he first got here. I love that, he's healing so much overall it makes me so happy!

"But I will say, if I get a fever I get really sick, like really really sick. So if I ever have a fever just like make me an ice bath or something, overheating is really not good for me"

Harry hummed some and slowly got up and walked to his dresser which was right beside mine and began sorting out his clothes,

"Good ta know, so being extremely cold is better than being extremely hot for ya eh?"

"To a point it is, technically I still have a threshold of cold tolerance though, my mom said that if I ever get too cold that could be just as bad as overheating. She made a joke about if we did ever get too cold we'd probably be at the point we'd simply turn to ice, but that's just a joke"