Childhood Fears

Elena POV

In the end, the family dinner actually ended up being quite pleasant! It took a minute for my family to be okay with Harry being from the Isle and a VK but once we got there we were good! I think they like him, they simply need to get to know him a little bit better now!

No matter what, Harry enjoyed himself after that awkward moment, I watched how much he ate and I know he's nice and full just as he should be. He left the table with a smile and we said goodnight to my family peacefully and happily. So overall, I'm glad Harry's enjoying it here so far!

Now it was time to go to bed, apparently some of the guards have already brought up both of our things to our rooms so that's wonderful! I had to hold Harry's hand as we walked up to my room and his, his room is right across from mine but he doesn't know we're sleeping in separate rooms yet... so hopefully he's okay with that.

I had to hold Harry's hand because he's still a little anxious and I need to keep him moving, as in he likes stopping at random times to look at things. The first one was the four family portraits in the main hall... I didn't mean to get so emotional but it's been a little while since I've seen my dad's face. I don't have any actual pictures of him, the paintings around the castle are pretty much as good as I can get. I'm just glad Harry comforted me so nicely, and hey he got to learn that I used to be a brunette before my hair turned white.

I walked down the familiar corridor leading up to my room and his temporary one as the halls darkened, the sun disappeared behind the mountains which therefore also made the place quite a bit colder. Harry contently followed me as I happily looked around the grand halls, the familiarity was simply wonderful! I stopped at my door and turned to Harry,

"Alright, so this is my room, that one over there is the room they've set up for you. I'll keep my door unlocked if you need anything alright?"

He looked over to me and tilted his head a little bit as he processed things, but I could see he was tired behind his eyes. It's been a long day, I'm tired too so I understand,

"Alright... I'll miss not having ya right there darlin'"

He said in a slightly whiny tone as he pouted a little bit. I giggled and gave him a nice, comforting smile as it was kinda cute... that he was gonna miss sharing a room with me and all,

"If you need anything, no matter how small, just come and wake me up alright? Anything at all"

I began walking him over to his bedroom as I spoke, he still looked a little pouty though. His little pout was rather cute though, he knows how to do rather good puppy dog eyes so it almost made me wanna just tell him that he can stay with me instead,

"I guess I'll manage, it'll be weird... not having ya one glance away and all"

I giggled a little bit and opened the door to his room for him, his suitcases were neatly put in the corner of the room while his bed had fresh linen on it,

"But I'm only just across the hall, so I'm not as far away as you think. I'm quite exhausted so I'm going to turn in, but feel free to roam about your room and get comfortable, once again if you need anything just come on over alright?"

He gave me a little smile and nodded some as I took my hand away from his. I let him wander into the room on his own for a moment before giving him one more warm smile,

"Goodnight then Harry"

I said right before turning around and beginning to walk across the hall to my room,

"Goodnight Ellie"

My heart... got all warm and fuzzy at the name alone. I concealed a little giggle and trotted across the hall to get to my room before completely falling apart into a giggling mess. I rushed the door open before quickly but gently closing it behind me. Bruni, who had found his way back to my pocket at some point, chirped as I let out a long sigh of content.