Just Enough

Harry POV

We've been back at Auradon Prep for some time now, back ta classes and that sorta thing of course. Elena and I have almost an exact schedule this semester which is more than wonderful, but one thing new that she's not exactly involved in is of course fencing practice which starts back up today. I've been working out every day or so ta just get myself back in working order which I think I've done wonderfully, so as I'm getting this silly little fencing uniform on I'm just hyping myself up.

I got quite a bit of confidence from actually getting the courage ta take my shirt off at the gym, I've gotten a few stares and even a few people come up and ask me about them, but it didn't bother me. I simply told them I had a rough, rigorous life on the Isle and it would be strange if I weren't marked up the way I am. It's not a complete lie, but I would never tell a stranger about my past ta that extent of course.

Elena's been beaming proud of me since I started doing that as well, and that alone makes coming out of my shell a little more worth it. She went on and on about how good it was for me and how proud she was, she even reminisced out loud about the first time I showed her my back and how scared I seemed ta be which I was. She said I've come a long way and that she's more than happy for me and all this good stuff, I couldn't help but soak up all the praise.

So needless ta say, I feel good stepping into the fencing ring today. The team came right on up ta me in the beginning and welcomed me in, the even said I would be a major part of the team right off the bat with my "knowledge" and "expertise" even. I had a few fencing practices 'ere and there already in the past but I haven't been a full-on member until now. So I feel great as I sauntered out onto the fencing room floor, swinging my arms a bit and rolling my ankles between steps ta start stretching.

I like that there's a spectator area, I work better with an audience and... I spotted my dear doe eyes in the crowd right away as she told me she'd come to every practice and tournament. She gave me a little wave as soon as our eyes locked which I of course gave right back.

It feels really cool ta be a permanent member of the team I will say, I used ta just hop into practices when someone couldn't make it but being an actual member feels so much better. I'm not sure who I replaced, but I'm happy ta replace them.

I did a bit of independent stretching and such before Lonnie who is still the team captain strutted on out with a sort of smirk about her which worries me, having yer captain smirking normally means yer gonna get yer arse kicked. In this case, I mean workout wise and making us do some intense shit,

"Welcome welcome! First things first, let's give Mr. Hook a warm welcome as an official team player!"

My fellow teammates began clapping first before one wonderful member of the audience began clapping as well, of course, Elena began happily clapping too which got the entire audience to clap as well within seconds. I chuckled and casually scratched the back of my neck, only really looking at Elena as I had to avoid looking too bashful. The only one who didn't clap was Jay of course because he's a sore loser, but even Carlos congratulated me when it came ta making the team,

"Second things second, today's practice is gonna be a tough one. We're gonna drill, the whole time. No breaks, this will be a test of stamina and speed as we go from drill to drill to drill alright?"

Stamina eh? Easy peasy, no problem whatsoever. A few members of the team groaned and moaned and all that complaining related shit which did annoy me a bit. I mean if the captain tells ya ta do somethin' ya do it, and that's just basics right there. So I simply nodded once as she began to explain the rotation of drills we'd be doing.

After her quick explanation, we had ta get right to it. There was a push-ups portion, an actual sword sparring portion, an agility portion, and a parkour sorta portion. It basically went: do fifteen push-ups, disarm one of the sword holding mannequins as quickly as possible, do a shuttle run from the back of the gym to the front twice, then do some parkour off the blocks set up. All of that times five, so this actually sounds like a bit of a challenge and that excites me.