The First Love Story / Slow Decline

Third Person

*Twenty Five Years Ago; Arendelle*

"We've just received word... the King and Queens ship has gone down somewhere in the sea and can't be found... there haven't been any survivors found for three days... I think we have to call it"

The young soldier let out the breath he had been holding in, only to bite the inside of his cheek and take in the shock that everyone else had to. The King and Queen were dead, the fact of that alone was enough to shake up the twenty-year-old as he was just getting to really know them too. The room fell into a dreadful still quiet, the air was dense and hard to breathe in as confusion and fear filled the room. It was impossible to not feel the shock from the announcement, but there was no time to take everything in, for Arendelle suddenly had no leader. And worse yet, the King and Queens two daughters still didn't know about the tragedy,

"Elden..."

The young soldier perked up and immediately straightened up, locking eyes with his commander who called his name,

"... I'll set you the task of telling Miss Elsa the unfortunate news..."

The commander went on to tell another one of the soldiers to inform Miss Anna of the news, but the young soldier tasked with telling Miss Elsa the news was a little in shock. He swore someone more important was supposed to handle such a task, but he was honored with the responsibility nonetheless. Once his commander told the other soldier of his task, the young soldier nodded to his commander and formally answered,

"Yes sir"

With that, the young soldier pivoted on his heels and marched out of the room. Eyes followed him the whole way, for to everyone else, it wasn't a shocker that the soldier got such a responsibility. He was a favorite of the King and Queen and had already watched over the Princesses before, for he was one of the most trusted soldiers in the brigade. He was watched not because others were worried about him, but because others were jealous of him.

His skill, his already high ranking, his liking by the King and Queen, it was all envy-worthy. Not to mention, he was a suitable young man. Dark brown hair that swept into his face just enough to make him look more on the mysterious side with deep brown eyes that held rich hazel highlights, with a sharp jawline and lifted cheekbones whilst standing at a solid six-foot, he was a rather charming man. Despite his charming looks and impressive rank, he most certainly never let that get to his head. He was humble and very kind as he knew how to work hard. Since he was born his life was never the most ideal, born into a combative home and running away when he was young he was headed down a not good path until he enrolled himself to train to become part of the Royal Guard, dreaming to one day become a Commander of the Cavalry as he loved horses so much. He had to fake his age to get himself there, but through years of hardship and grit, he was already in the elite inner circle of the royals due to his close relationship with the King and Queen.

Now the young soldier marched up to the eldest Princesses room, taking a few deep breaths as no one exactly taught him how to deliver such bad news. Not to mention to the elusive eldest daughter, the one he'd only seen a few times. However, the few times he did see her, he did remember every little thing about her.

When he'd be one of the escorts for the Royal Family when they would go out altogether, he'd respectfully find moments to stare. The eldest daughter always looked so reserved, quiet and even shy at times, and yet the young soldier never thought of her as such. He thought she was mysteriously sophisticated, elegant, kind at heart though she was so reserved, and in the end... he thought she was the most splendidly beautiful girl he'd ever seen.

He kept those thoughts to himself, but he adored her snow-white hair that some thought was odd, her shiny, icy blue eyes were utterly enchanting to him, and the way she carried herself was one of the most mystical things he'd ever witnessed. Only two years her senior, technically he was a good match for her. However, he wasn't into that sort of thing. If he ever had a chance with her, he wished to win her over with his heart alone, not with logistics and silly match-making rules.