THE GIRL THAT DIED IN REDWOOD ACADEMY: CHAPTER 8

The thought that it was their last conversation, the overwhelming bills that Damien should pay... it made Damien depressed. Alexander was worried and try to reach out but Damien didn't want to face nor talk to anyone. Damien stayed in his apartment room for a month and didn't pay the rent.

Damien heard the knock on the door, he looks at his phone. It was already 9 pm. He stood up and his room is a mess. Uncleaned food containers, clothes that are scattered around. Damien jolted as he heard someone knock on the door but this time, it is loud enough. "If tomorrow, you can't pay the rent.. prepare to pack your things and get out," the landlord angrily said behind the door and leave.

Damien sighed and lay back to his bed, tears welled up on the corners of his eyes. He cried and made an audible scream, he couldn't take the pain anymore. He is depressed, he is hopeless. He felt an excruciating pain in his chest as he cries, Damien cried until he fell asleep.

"Mom?" Damien said and sits up. His Mom smiled at him, waving. Damien noticed a little girl, it was Danielle. Danielle turned around her head and smile.

"Hi, brother" Damien's tears went out of his eyes, he is not sad. He felt somewhat happy as he saw his Mom and Danielle.

"Come with us, Damien. We'll be together" her mom said, reaching her hand to his son. Damien nodded and grabbed her hand and walks together towards the blinding light.

It was morning, Alexander knocks on Damien's door. "Damien?"

He is worried, Alexander heard about a landlord that he'll get out of the apartment if he can't pay that's why Alexander paid the rent for Damien. He wants to help Damien in any way possible.

"Damien?" Alexander asked. No one answered. Damien grabbed the doorknob and surprisingly, it was opened. He went inside and look for Damien.

"hey, Damien. Get up. Let's go out and eat something, my treat" Alexander said but he only found Damien, sleeping still on the bed.

"Oh come on, Damien. Faking sleep again? Come on" Alexander said and shake Damien. Alexander's eyes widened, it couldn't be right...? Alexander looked around and saw a bottle full of pills. He grabbed it and is already half empty.

"Damien!" Alexander cried out but Damien is peacefully sleeping. Alexander grabbed Damien's phone and called the police. Police officers and investigators came and Alexander is asked what happened.

Alexander was told to go outside while they investigate. They put barricade tapes and scribble some words on their record sheet. After an hour, a police officer walks towards Alexander.

"What did you found out?" the police glance down, "There are no clear shreds of evidence yet. We are still searching up. We only found a bottle with pills inside of it, already half empty. Scribbled unknown words" The police said, lifting the items they found. Alexander listened and the police officer's voice vague as he saw Damien behind the police back.

Damien is smiling and he is with a middle-aged woman and with the kid that Alexander found in his first appearance in the book, Danielle.

"So, we'll do our best okay?" the police officer said. Alexander nodded and Damien waved at him. The police walk out in front of him. Alexander immediately followed Damien but Damien disappeared as he goes.