CROCODILE TEARS: CHAPTER 8

It was Monday, Tyler went to school and I'm on my laptop, writing the chapters. As I write the chapters on the book, my mind couldn't tick off what Kevin wrote. The previous chapters of the book he wrote are horrifying, it's vividly horrifying. The way he writes it was in so much detail that you could see him, doing it as if he is a character of his book.

I stopped typing and looked at what I wrote, I changed the plot twist. Instead of being evil, I want it to be a peaceful ending for the characters. In every book that I've read, horror-mystery thrillers... It was always a cliff-hanger or.. it is not a good ending.

I send the chapter to Kevin's editor and started to read his other book, Kevin is described as a person that is gentle to his fans. His fans admired how great he is, writing books. I've also read that he donated to charity when he became a best-selling author.

What kind of a person are you exactly, Kevin McSullivan?

A sudden knock of the main door is heard, "Delivery!"

I raised my eyebrows, "Delivery? But I haven't ordered anything"

I stood up from my seat and went to the door, I opened it and a delivery guy with a box in hand before me. "Good day, sir. I'm here to deliver this.." lift the box. "This order"

"Oh, okay. Thank you" I replied. The delivery guy put the box on the floor and pulled out a paper, "kindly please sign here" he said. I took his pen from his hand scribble a signature, I don't Kevin's signature but I just scribbled it to make it look like a signature.

"Thank you" and he heads to his van. I looked at the box on the floor, I picked it up and went inside. This box is quite heavy, I put the box on the table and grabbed a cutter. I slowly opened it, my eyes widened.

"What would I do with these?" I said as I picked the knife. Lot of knives are on this box with different designs, I put my finger on the tip and it's pretty sharp. "Why would I order this? Or perhaps.." I looked at my laptop, "Kevin ordered this"

"But I'm Kevin in this book"

I scratched my head and put the knives back on the box. I lift the box and went upstairs and put the box inside the room. I went downstairs and found Tyler, sitting on the floor.

"Tyler?" I called out and looked at the steps I'm walking, heading downstairs. "Why are you here, your class seemed not done yet"

"It's still..." and looked at the clock. "11 am in the morni—Tyler?"

"Tyler?" I repeatedly called out. I looked around and there no Tyler found. A sudden ringing of my laptop is heard, I rushed towards the kitchen and looked at the laptop screen.

It's my editor.

I quickly sit and put on my earphone and plug it into my laptop, I accepted the call.

"Hey, sorry for the late answering the call. I was—"

"You don't usually say sorry and just give me the chapters instead"

"Oh.." Wow, what kind of person is Kevin is? It's hard to play his character.

"I'm here to ask you about the chapters you've sent me. We'll be revising some of the lines, it's not so of you." She said and scrolled something on the screen.

"Here, in this chapter.. your character said such gentle words. He is supposed to be the main character that shows no mercy to other characters, right?"

"I wrote it that way for a character development."

She nodded, "Okay. But wouldn't it shock your fans of the changing of the plot?"

I smirked is plastered on my face, 'Let's shock them good"

"Anyway, are there any changes to the plot?" I sit up straightly and opened a word document. " I want to make it a good ending"

"Pardon?"

"I want to make it a good ending. Reading my books doesn't justify at the end, all of them had cliff-hanger or had bad ending" I said as I looked at Kevin's published book. "I want to make my characters to be happy at the end"

"Well, that's quite an improvement to you," my editor said, smiling.

"Anyway, is that all for today? I have come up to write more horror stories but has a good justifying ending"

"Really? Can you please send them after you wrote the synopsis and the first 5 chapters?" my editor's face lit up, I gave her a smile. "Yes, will do send it to you after'

My editor looked at the time, "I guess I have to get going, this chapter will don't do any changes, correct?"

I nodded, "Okay, I'll call you once you send the chapters again. Thank you for the time, bye"

The call ended and the screen is now back with the file document that I wrote. Looking at the words that I wrote in the chapter and compared it to Kevin's, we have a different writing styles. He is so descriptive and vividly brutal, I'm descriptive but didn't put many scenes of brutality. A horror doesn't need much brutality to make it a good story, is it?