UNSOLVED CASE: ANNALIESE CHAPTER 10

"Have you heard anything about that house? Creepy stories or something?" I asked, flipping the pages of the book about mysterious true events. Aspen defeatedly sighs, "No" and continues to type on the laptop.

I flipped the pages of the book and stopped as a title caught my attention.

"I LOVE HIM THAT IT MADE ME CRAZY—1988"

A diary was found in an incident happened in a Oak Creek Road in 1988. A woman is found dead inside the old house in the woods. On the diary, it was written:

The agonizing pain that I felt couldn't compare of how I see you with someone else. My heart screams and bleeds as I saw your smile, hear your laughter and most of all, the words that is supposedly I can only hear—I love you is now for someone else.

We were perfect but what did I do wrong for you to leave and have an affair with someone else? Was my love wasn't enough? I have given you all of my love. I didn't know that the price of loving you is giving me pain in return.

You might be the poet but I'm not always the words. As I saw your hands holding with someone else, I felt the happiness you brought disappear.

I love you and it made me crazy, it's like my world is fallen into pieces. Strange that love made me happy but it would be the one that kills me.

"Take a look at this," I said as I handed the book to Aspen, she took it and read it.

"How poetic" she said, reading the passage and give me the book back. I pulled out my phone and took a picture of the page. I walked to the shelves and put the book back.

"I think this is the history of the house" I walked over to Aspen and looked at the computer screen.

A picture of the house that Aspen and I saw in the woods is placed on the center of the blog post. I read the passage as well as Aspen.

"It was said that it was from the Bolen family, rich and has strict rules in their hou—Oh, so they are like rich people that has tight household rules in the middle of what? Woods?" Aspen said, reading it.

"HISTORY OF BOLEN'S HOUSE in 1979"

Annaliese was missing on November 15, 1988. After 5 days of searching, her dead body is found laying on the floor inside the Bolen's ancestral home. There were no wounds or cuts, it was said that she died in her sleep. It was said that the Bolen's extended family lived on the house and were already deceased. The parents of Annaliese came to claim her body and was finding the suspect.

"So, that house that we went to is their ancestral house?"

Aspen nodded, "Yeah"

"But do you think she is also the woman that you saw in the house?" Aspen's brows furrowed and looked at me. "I couldn't tell. I didn't even saw her face, she is just pale and has blood that streams down her face"

Aspen looked back to the screen, "But if I stare it, without the blood tears.. she could be the one that I saw"

I slowly nodded, "So that was the only background of the house? No cult or something?"

"We will dig deeper on that. Anyway, you skipped the other class right? Go, I'll dig deeper on to this and send you what I found"

I grabbed my book from the table, "You sure?" Aspen nodded, "yes"

"Then, I'll be going then" and I hoist my bag and walked out of the room. Walking through the hallway, I'm pretty sure that I'm late since it's quiet. I looked down, thinking about the picture that I saw in the house. She is...familiar.

I looked up and my eyes widened, I saw a girl wearing a floral dress with her jet-blacked hair. She turned around and saw me, she smiled and waved. She was not the same girl that I saw in the cafeteria, this girl.. is creepy. I blinked and she was there, slowly walking towards me.

I'm not hallucinating, I'm pretty sure of that.

"Hey!" I took a glance on the side and it was Mr. Wilson, my teacher in Mathematics. "I was on my way to your class, sir"

"Good. You missed two lessons from me. Why not accompany me as we go to the classroom?" I nodded and looked back to the girl where she was standing, she was gone.

"What are you waiting for?"

"Oh, sorry. I was... " Mr. Wilson raised his eyebrows, "Nothing, sir" and we continued to walk. I looked over my shoulder to clarify myself if she was there but I was wrong, she was not there. No one was there.